First Oil Change & Tips/Tricks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a good idea, but they don't seem deep enough. If you don't lift the funnel high enough, and have the draining oil hit the right spot, it'll just splash back, onto the floor.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a good idea, but they don't seem deep enough. If you don't lift the funnel high enough, and have the draining oil hit the right spot, it'll just splash back, onto the floor.

hmmm, good point.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BXKYYI/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003BZX5S0/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Heck, I may try and evac as much as I can straight out of the dipstick with the mityvac and then get underneath to drain the last bits and put on a fumoto for future.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you know it's a gusher, you can just bend some cardboard and use that as a shield. If you have a pump, you can pump most of the oil out from the dipstick. I purchased an electric pump to service my wife's Mercedes and used it a few times in other cars. Zero spills but takes a while since the pump is slow.

robbcwz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the F107SX, wont know if its the right one until next oil changez

Unlikely to work. The drain plug is a quarter twist affair and so the "thread" is fairly coarse. Google "Ford Plastic Cam Locking Drain Plug BC3Z‑6730" and you'll get an idea how different these drain plugs are.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unlikely to work. The drain plug is a quarter twist affair and so the "thread" is fairly coarse. Google "Ford Plastic Cam Locking Drain Plug BC3Z‑6730" and you'll get an idea how different these drain plugs are.

Damn, you are probably right.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People don't believe in oil extractors I see... makes life easy.

Never used one... How good do they work? Would hate to put fresh oil in and after it runs a few minutes have it appear darker than it should. Just never used one but willing to try it especially with this Truck.

Kowboy17

Full Access Member
Reaction score