First Oil Change & Tips/Tricks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. That's the reason to have one. I drain it directly into the recycle jugs.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Fumoto valve on a couple vehicles, they work great, especially the ones that can fit a hose to drain the oil. This would also prevent the gushing and help keep the oil in the bucket or pan.
Did this on some of my previous vehicles as well. Makes oil changes fast and clean.
Is F107n the correct part number for our trucks too?

SterlingE55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oil filter is FL-500S not F-500S, correct? It's a gusher for sure. Use a coolant drain pan instead of an oil drain pan.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did this on some of my previous vehicles as well. Makes oil changes fast and clean.
Is F107n the correct part number for our trucks too?

I ordered the F107SX, wont know if its the right one until next oil changez

I want to get a fumoto F107N, along with their clear hose attachment. Anyone know if the current plastic oil drain plug is even threaded? Jet says it comes off with only a quarter turn?

The fumoto valves are all threaded, so want to make sure they will work for us.

Kitteh

Reaction score
Then changing out the pan because it fills up fast.

I had a face full of oil, myself. Oil down the driveway. 4 boxes of kitty litter later, couple of bottles of purple stuff, I turned it on and the filter blew Another mess because I managed to double-gasket the filter. Wish I wouldve had this advice back then

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... Another mess because I managed to double-gasket the filter...

That's one of those things that you only do 1 time. 20 years ago I did that. To this day I still double check the old filter AND physically feel the mating surface for any old gasket left behind on the block.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's one of those things that you only do 1 time. 20 years ago I did that. To this day I still double check the old filter AND physically feel the mating surface for any old gasket left behind on the block.

Yup. Same here. I experience this the first time on my diesel... it holds 3 gallons of oil. Started the truck and let it idle for about 20 seconds then got out to find the Exxon Valdez size spill on my drive way.