First Detail - Adamized the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Finally adamized! And just like others have posted amaziing products. And should have done it sooner. Before the heat came here in Vegas.

Looks great! Really makes the red shine, good job!

What's the best way to get some polish off the running boards and trim? All purpose cleaner and a stuff brush?

You can try All Purpose Cleaner, and it will typically work well with a small brush, unless the residue has been on there awhile.

The New Tire & Rubber Cleaner is supposed to work better on removing residue from trim, and I have seen posts over on AdamsForums that it works better than APC, but have not tried it myself yet.

If you have just a small area to remove, you can also try Isopropyl Alcohol with a small brush.

Just remember than any of these three products will strip wax or sealant if you get it on the paint, and they can also dry out plastics, so follow up the cleaning with some VRT.

-Dan

TexasBlues

Reaction score
once again, Adams products are my go to products!

i didnt have time to do a final polish (after the paint corrector) and had to go with GG over the top of what i had completed... looks great!... when i get the time, i'll do the whole process over, go thru all of the polishes with the PC (thanks @AdamsPolishes !) and use the buttery on top... im still trying to get the black to look 3 feet deep...

the GG worked well on the matte hood decal, but it seems like the VRT comes off a little (drips/runs) in the rain... unless i put it on wrong (totally possible)...

the interior stuff is great too, i used that this weekend after a quick dip and some GG on the tahoe (white on grey) and the raptor (tux black)... glass cleaner etc... all phenomenal products... im already making a list of things im running low on!

thanks Dan!

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
once again, Adams products are my go to products!

i didnt have time to do a final polish (after the paint corrector) and had to go with GG over the top of what i had completed... looks great!... when i get the time, i'll do the whole process over, go thru all of the polishes with the PC (thanks @AdamsPolishes !) and use the buttery on top... im still trying to get the black to look 3 feet deep...

the GG worked well on the matte hood decal, but it seems like the VRT comes off a little (drips/runs) in the rain... unless i put it on wrong (totally possible)...

the interior stuff is great too, i used that this weekend after a quick dip and some GG on the tahoe (white on grey) and the raptor (tux black)... glass cleaner etc... all phenomenal products... im already making a list of things im running low on!

thanks Dan!

You're welcome! And thank you for your business and posting about your results!

Since the VRT is water-based, it will run a little when it gets rained on. Just make sure that you don't over-apply the product. After applying it, you can also buff it out with a plush microfiber towel to remove any excess, which does help reduce it running off when it gets wet. Also, if you already have H2O Guard & Gloss on the matte vinyl, the VRT won't really soak in, so you might just try using one product or the other.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hadn't washed my truck in weeks, just no time. So decided to late yesterday afternoon. Used the new Adams Wash & Wax, it has a different feel to it than the Blue soap. Doesn't seem to foam as much, but has a slippery feel to it. It did a nice job. I was running out of daylight so I did the final rinse with a pump sprayer filled with distilled water, the dried it with the master blaster. It was dark and couldn't really tell how good a job it was. Went out and looked at it this AM and it was spotless.

I went on the Costco website and ordered a CR Spotless deionizer. Should of done it long ago, but it's kind of expensive. But if it can save me time not having to hand dry my cars, it will be well worth it. And much better for the paint in the long run. The water here is very hard.