First Detail - Adamized the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
8ab04eb8e11e065b738fba798247d57f.jpg

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Adamized the Bronco for the first time. Paint was dull and rough to the touch when I got it a couple years ago so I figured it was to far gone. I washed it, used clay bar and waxed it and damn, better than I thought it'd look. Great, one more vehicle to shine on!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 73

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I finally found the time to do the first detail of the new Raptor. After reading most of the detailing threads and seeing how much everyone liked the Adam's products, I went all-in and ordered just about everything, including a Cyclo polisher. I was never much into detailing before but this truck made me want to do everything I could to protect the finishes. I also wanted a good layer of protection to make it easier to wash, since having a black truck takes a little more work if you want it to look good.

Here is the process that I used. For some of the steps, I listed how much product I used and also about how long it took. The paint did not have any scratches or swirl marks so I did not do any correcting.

Detailing Process without paint correction (machine application):

1. Clean tires and rims with Deep Wheel Cleaner, wheel wells with All Purpose Cleaner [30 minutes].
  2. Wash vehicle with pressure washer and Car Wash Shampoo 2-bucket method, pressure washer rinse [60 minutes].
  3. If needed, do iron decontamination on body with Deep Wheel Cleaner, rinse within 5 minutes, do not let dry.
  4. Thorough rinse and then apply Detail Spray, do not dry.
  5. Clay Bar treatment with Detail Spray (used 1.5 bars or 75% of one pack) [45 minutes]
  6. Wash vehicle with Car Wash Shampoo and 2-bucket method [45 minutes].
  7. Dry with Great White Drying Towel, do not use Detail Spray [30 minutes].
  8. SVRT on trim with Block Applicator and Microfiber Utility Towel (used 10%) [50 minutes].
  9. SVRT on tires with Hex Grip Pro Tire Dressing Applicator (used 15%) [10 minutes].
  10. Quick Sealant spray on vinyl graphics, wipe with Double Soft Towel [10 minutes].
  11. Quick Sealant spray on wheels, wipe with Microfiber Utility Towel [10 minutes].
  12. Liquid Paint Sealant with Gray Foam Pad and Double Soft Towel (used 20%) [90 minutes].
  13. Brilliant Glaze with Red Foam Pad and Double Soft Towel (used 20%) [90 minutes].
  14. Americana Paste Wax with Gray Foam Pad and Double Soft Towel (used about 15%) [120 minutes].
  15. Glass Cleaner on exterior windows with Microfiber Glass Cleaning Towel [10 minutes].
  16. Glass Sealant on exterior windows with Microfiber Applicator and Microfiber Glass Cleaning Towel (used 10%) [30 minutes].
  17. Invisible Undercarriage Spray in wheel wells.
  18. In & Out Spray on front grill.
  19. Vacuum interior.
  20. Total Interior Detailer on dash and door panels with Microfiber Utility Towel.
  21. Glass Cleaner on interior windows with Microfiber Glass Cleaning Towel.
  22. Leather & Interior Cleaner on seats with Microfiber Utility Towel.
  23. Leather Conditioner on seats with Microfiber Applicator and Microfiber Utility Towel.
I was very impressed with the Adam's products. The sealant, glaze and wax were easy to use and the Double Soft Towels are amazing. Using the SVRT on the trim before sealing was important since I hate cleaning product off the rubber and trim. After waxing, there was very minor clean-up to do.

any update's on this with the new product's out?

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^
Also, glaze before wax? Just asking because I got a brilliant glaze in a mystery box and was wanting to try it out. Just washed about 4 days ago and H2O Guard and Gloss. Now I need to wash again and didn't think I need to G&G again (don't want to run out) so I was going to Americana wax and Brilliant glaze this time.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^
Also, glaze before wax? Just asking because I got a brilliant glaze in a mystery box and was wanting to try it out. Just washed about 4 days ago and H2O Guard and Gloss. Now I need to wash again and didn't think I need to G&G again (don't want to run out) so I was going to Americana wax and Brilliant glaze this time.

the guy with 2 gallons don't want to run out:ROFLJest:

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

also yes it's in the first post and 4th I think Adam's Polishes

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally got to washing and waxing the Raptor this weekend.

I feel bad using other waxes on this truck after using the Buttery Wax.

Never seen my truck sparkle(Tux Blk) as much as now.

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any update's on this with the new product's out?

Other than a few products getting updates or revised names, only #10 and #11 would change, since the Quick Sealant is not available anymore, so I would use H2O Guard & Gloss on the wheels.

^^^

You can glaze before wax, or glaze after wax. Glazing after wax would make the wax last a little longer, but some people layer the products differently if they think it looks better one way or another.

Finally got to washing and waxing the Raptor this weekend.

I feel bad using other waxes on this truck after using the Buttery Wax.

Never seen my truck sparkle(Tux Blk) as much as now.

Good to hear you are finally treating your truck right with Adam's Polishes! :ROFLJest:

Post up some pics, since nothing shines better than Tuxedo Black Metallic!

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Adamized the Bronco for the first time. Paint was dull and rough to the touch when I got it a couple years ago so I figured it was to far gone. I washed it, used clay bar and waxed it and damn, better than I thought it'd look. Great, one more vehicle to shine on!

Nice work! Now it just needs and polish and will look like new again!