First Detail - Adamized the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a question for the detailing guru. I had my truck in a parking garage during a rain storm and when i came out to it the ceiling was dripping and the hood got stained with limescale i assume. Anyway i have tried using a whole bunch of different crap on it and nothing will remove it. What do you suggest i use? i tried using some compound on it but that started to dull the paint so i stopped? So now i have the limescale build up and a dull spot on the hood any suggestions?

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a question for the detailing guru. I had my truck in a parking garage during a rain storm and when i came out to it the ceiling was dripping and the hood got stained with limescale i assume. Anyway i have tried using a whole bunch of different crap on it and nothing will remove it. What do you suggest i use? i tried using some compound on it but that started to dull the paint so i stopped? So now i have the limescale build up and a dull spot on the hood any suggestions?

Sounds like the rainwater picked up some minerals that caused water spots or etching on the clear coat.

Can you post some pics so I can see what it looks like, and how big of an area it is?

First product to try would be Revive Hand Polish with a Blue Hex Grip Applicator.

If that does not work, then it will need to be machine polished. The Cyclo Model 5-Pro Mark II Polisher Basics Kit is easy and effective. Just wait for the next sale to get a good deal on it.

-Dan

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spit on your hand then wipe in circle like motions over affected area. Let dry til it glazes over, then spray with Detail Spray and wipe off with a new, premium triple soft towel.

Look out @AdamsPolishes, I'm coming for that rep job [emoji13]