GEN 2 FiretrUCKed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
am Hose-Beaters, they were angry that you were “jamming “ up there day.
After getting gas they had to run to 24 Fitness, then to Sams Club for grub for the chow wagon. Waiting on you pushed the X-Box tournament to 2000hrs…
IKR! You know they were having some fun in the cab
“Hey George, watch this. Let’s see you start your fancy Ford now, loser"

Thanks for reminding me for another reason why I got an 801 again
Got to make easy as possible to get into the truck for thieves. Do you just leave the doors unlocked to prevent damage ? ;-)
Is this post from another decade?
Close.
It’s from Texas.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my truck did that a few weeks back. FOB seemed dead, it wouldn't unlock the doors etc. I got it to start as you did, then when I got home everything seemed fine... I changed the battery in the FOB and all has been okay since.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
So my truck did that a few weeks back. FOB seemed dead, it wouldn't unlock the doors etc. I got it to start as you did, then when I got home everything seemed fine... I changed the battery in the FOB and all has been okay since.

My story sounds more interesting though ;-)

I know the batteries are not original, I swapped them before rather dramatically but got the job done. good suggestion.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I had to fly to S/A in May of ’20 and on the way to my destination I spiked a Quick Trip (QT) station at $1.30 a gallon regular. NOT a “with car wash” price.

Covid wasn’t -all- bad.

raptor556

Reaction score
good thing those fob batteries are like 2 bucks. you can usually tell when they are getting a bit low.

I guess that is the one thing you can change every couple years and I won't laugh at you.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
good thing those fob batteries are like 2 bucks. you can usually tell when they are getting a bit low.

I guess that is the one thing you can change every couple years and I won't laugh at you.

nah... you’ll be laughing at me anyway. I generate quite enough laughable moments to be sure.

but yeah, the coin batteries are inexpensive enough. Easy to get spoiled. The Trijicon optics will run for years on a coin battery...

raptor556

Reaction score
nah... you’ll be laughing at me anyway. I generate quite enough laughable moments to be sure.

but yeah, the coin batteries are inexpensive enough. Easy to get spoiled. The Trijicon optics will run for years on a coin battery...
same with aimpoints. though I prefer the acog for mid range work