FINALLY Received my truck after 595 days

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

spudman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If all goes smooth tomorrow , I will be at day 609 since selling my Gen 2 and putting my order in on June 16th. Funny how at the time i thought the wait would be 3 or 4 months tops lmao!!
Been driving a Gen 1 Tacoma all this time and I ended up loving that truck actually. . Now my son will take it over.
Having the forum to read daily and others going thru the same torture was a big factor in being able to hold out this long so Thanks FRF members and Congrats again on the new truck!
Man, I am sorry to hear that! Has it been built at least?

OP
OP
S

spudman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the holdup? Chip Hold I'm guessing
No holds for chips, emblems or anything. No one at Ford could answer why it sat built for so long. They use a third party vendor for shipping so once its released from the factory Ford "has no control" which is total ******. Ford holds the contract and the payments. Reality is, Ford is such a mess right now they just don't care. I hope they someday get back to what they used to be, but I think it will take a lot of change in personnel to make that happen.

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know some have been following my saga to get a 2022 37. I finally took delivery of it. 595 days after the inital order and 138 days after the truck was built. Ford was a disaster the entire time. There was an amazing forum member that helped keep me sane during the wait and my dealership was awesome.
In the end, the truck was absolutely worth it. Loving it so far!
Congrats on the truck. Iconic is my preferred color by a wide margin. Sold my 21 Iconic and now in a 22 white. I like the white, but loved the Iconic.

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No holds for chips, emblems or anything. No one at Ford could answer why it sat built for so long. They use a third party vendor for shipping so once its released from the factory Ford "has no control" which is total ******. Ford holds the contract and the payments. Reality is, Ford is such a mess right now they just don't care. I hope they someday get back to what they used to be, but I think it will take a lot of change in personnel to make that happen.
That sucks I'm being told the similar thing about my R
Shows in production since Feb 2nd no update since. FP says its built but in an Offsite Lot, no plant hold for anything.
At the moment no one knows for sure what's happening with it.
Very Strange the way Ford runs their business

tonyp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats man! Must feel unreal to finally have it.

I’ve only been waiting 394 days, so nothing really lol in comparison to you.

Man I hope I love this truck because this has been an exercise in staying sane. Not easy. Good for you for being patient. Hope the trucks a peach.

OP
OP
S

spudman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats man! Must feel unreal to finally have it.

I’ve only been waiting 394 days, so nothing really lol in comparison to you.

Man I hope I love this truck because this has been an exercise in staying sane. Not easy. Good for you for being patient. Hope the trucks a peach.
The wait was absolutely absurd, but I truly love the truck. I find myself not wanting to stop driving when I get back to the house at night. I have truly never had that experience with any of my vehicles through the years. I just won't ever order one again. Dealer stock will have to be good enough!