Votes: 1 1.5%
  • RAPTILE

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • whtrapta

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • IRONMAN

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTILE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW!!!!

Thanks for all the votes everyone! I'll continue to shoot video footage as I test my limits and try to break my truck!

My next video entry will not be along the same theme or format, so you all better start trying to think of some original ideas for the next video contest!

I changed my mind and if I do win this poll, I'd like the brushed pedal kit - not the black one.

Damn no. Thats why im not getting any votes. This isn't english class people. Send them my way!

Where to begin?

Okay, and I'm not doing this to be mean - just some friendly advice:

1. You sent in the first entry without conforming to the rules (no mention of the forum at the BEGINNING and END of your video). Try reading all of the rules before you submit your entry.

2. You underestimated your competition and started doing victory dances before all the entries were submitted. We all know you want to win, that's why you entered the contest, but claiming that you are in the lead, or that you're still the winner before the contest is over just makes you look desperate. Maybe eating a little humble pie might help you next time.

3. Once you saw something in the competition that threatened your victory, you scrambled to fix your initial entry by editing more footage into a theme that seemed to copy that which threatened you. Next time, try being more original and creative.

4. In your edited re-entry, you actually showed footage of a blue Raptor kicking your ass in a race. If you want to win, never show weakness! In my effort to put something together that I felt was worthy of being posted on Youtube, the king of video on the WORLD WIDE WEB, I also created some less than optimal footage; I just didn't edit it into my project.

5. Your entry was seriously focused on what I consider to be one of the finest Raptor jumps ever video taped (even though it took place in the relatively safe confines of a race track). I think that what set my video apart from the rest of the entries is the way I edited in a little comedy and some killer music to capture the variety of ways to explore different environments and actually use the Raptor to do the many different things it is capable of doing.

6. In your edited re-entry, you again failed to observe the rules. The rules specifically stated that your video should mention this forum at the BEGINNING and END of your entry. Since your video lacked mention of FRF at the beginning it should probably warrant disqualification, but based on the polling results at this early stage of the voting, there is really no need to dispute your entry. Again, read all of the rules before submitting your future entries. You're right - this is not an English competition, but it does require the ability to read, comprehend, and follow instructions written in the English language.

7. Finally, the reason you are not getting the votes is not because of your writing skills; it's because all of these fine voting FordRaptorForum members think my entry is better than yours. Again - humility - look it up in the dictionary and try to understand that it's meaning may have something to do with admitting defeat.

Whtrapta, I'm not trying to kick you when you're down, just trying to give you some tips on how to improve. Can't wait to see what you bring next time!

Thanks again everyone for the votes.

Now, if you'll excuse me.........I'm headed out to look for some hoopdies! :waytogo:

Last edited:

SkyRaptor

Reaction score
WHTRAPTA,
At the end of the day, anybody who thinks there's a reward for performing at or below the minimum standard, ends up losing. I enjoyed watching your first and second video, by the way awesome jump, and thumbs up to you. However, neither video was hardly enough to get me out of my seat and jump around with excitement. I didn’t see anything new, unusual, or inspirational. However, I did see you get your back side handed to you by the BLUE RAPTOR. Bad call putting that clip in the competition.
I guess if I were to give you advice I would first tell you that you should have prepared more thoroughly and followed the rules before submitting your video. After watching these threads over the past few weeks you probably could have also done without the S&!T talking (has something to do with chickens hatching I think). Most importantly, after you made your initial entry (awesome jump) you should have stuck with it and not changed it, changing it showed me your weakness. With that, when you changed your under qualified video you tried desperately to make your second video similar to your opponent’s video, more weakness. In the words of Plato “The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile.” I’M JUST SAYING……., sounds like RAPTILE wins two times in this contest.
“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.”
“Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. ”
- Sun Tzu
The noise you’re making sounds like whining.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

RAPTILE,

Awesome video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock. Can’t wait to see what you bring to the next competition. :peace::rocking::happy160:

Last edited:

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Ok. Reptile mentions early victory dances. I wasn't serious about that. Most everything I post on here is said jokingly. I wasn't crazy about the pedal kit but these are always fun to enter in. Both of you mention the drag race. I have a 5.4 raptor racing a 6.2 raptor. Did I loose. Obviously but it was to another raptor. Not to a tundra or something else. Did my video turn out too similar to Raptiles. Ya, not intentionally but it did. If I lived somewhere to go shoot all new footage I would but I just have a handful of video clips that I got in the past 2 years. So I made something with them. Do I care that I'm loosing this? Not really. What bothers me most is too see other member act like this over something so meaningless.

RAPTILE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job IRONMAN !!!!

:big_banana_Dance:

Obviously your tactics aren't lacking a thing!

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Good. Obviously people take me too serious here. As if I was writing in all caps. I'm not on here literally every day to get pissed at people. I do it to have fun. But I guess in this competition others weren't

I don't know about anyone else on this forum, but nobody on here has ever pissed me off and I'm having a blast! Maybe my skin is just a little bit thicker than others.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Ok. Reptile mentions early victory dances. I wasn't serious about that. Most everything I post on here is said jokingly. I wasn't crazy about the pedal kit but these are always fun to enter in. Both of you mention the drag race. I have a 5.4 raptor racing a 6.2 raptor. Did I loose. Obviously but it was to another raptor. Not to a tundra or something else. Did my video turn out too similar to Raptiles. Ya, not intentionally but it did. If I lived somewhere to go shoot all new footage I would but I just have a handful of video clips that I got in the past 2 years. So I made something with them. Do I care that I'm loosing this? Not really. What bothers me most is too see other member act like this over something so meaningless.

Hey whtrapta,

Despite whatever you may think, I'm really glad that you entered your submissions into this contest. I enjoyed competing with everyone who entered and I look forward to competing against you again, but if you really think that these friendly contests are "so meaningless", then maybe you should find something else to spend your time and energy on.

If we can agree that we disagreed on certain aspects of the February ROTM Contest and are willing to move on to the March contest, I'm cool with that and I'm also willing to be done with this discussion :beatdeadhorse5:

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Greatwork guys, my only suggestion for next time around...

LESS IS MORE with TEXT. By putting text on every clip, you are saying to your audience that they are too stupid to figure out what is going on. Instead of letting the imagery of the video do the story telling, I will cram it down your throat with some ugly text.

Last edited: