EZDOWN TailGate Mod.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Reaction score
So, just got off the phone with DeeZee and they told me the ONLY difference between the "OLD" one and the "NEW" one is the name.

Old one was called "EZ Down" and the new one is "Tailgate Assist"...

What is the "DESIGN" difference between the two?

This is new.....
568418d2.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Old one hooks onto the same area as the cable.

785d1290207326-ezdown-tailgate-mod-ez3.jpg

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is new.....
568418d2.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Old one hooks onto the same area as the cable.

785d1290207326-ezdown-tailgate-mod-ez3.jpg

Thanx for the info! That's what I was looking for. Just couldn't find it for the life of me...

Ordered mine through AnythingAuto. Saved the $13 DeeZee wanted to charge for shipping. $35.xx total.

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, I ordered mine from the link in the previous page and it showed up today and it's the old one with missing hardware. :( now what to do.

nold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got the new one, do you have to use the M5 allen wrench? its kinda hard to install the nutsert since its pretty loose when inserting it to the tailgate.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i got the new one, do you have to use the M5 allen wrench? its kinda hard to install the nutsert since its pretty loose when inserting it to the tailgate.

Use the allen wrench to hold the bolt stationary while turning the wrench to pull the nutsert into the kink position. Don't put the locktite on the ball mount until after you've hooked everything up to make sure the nutsert is tight. Raise and lower the tailgate while looking closely at how the weight of the tailgate is supported by the nutsert/ball mount. I found mine pulling out a bit, so I took the ball mount out and then put the nutsert tool back in and gave it a few more cranks. Repeated the testing process and everything looked solid (no pull).

Then, back out the ball mountl out and locktite it.

An extra five minutes and seems to work great. No foam pieces to deal with either.

nold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the allen wrench to hold the bolt stationary while turning the wrench to pull the nutsert into the kink position. Don't put the locktite on the ball mount until after you've hooked everything up to make sure the nutsert is tight. Raise and lower the tailgate while looking closely at how the weight of the tailgate is supported by the nutsert/ball mount. I found mine pulling out a bit, so I took the ball mount out and then put the nutsert tool back in and gave it a few more cranks. Repeated the testing process and everything looked solid (no pull).

Then, back out the ball mountl out and locktite it.

An extra five minutes and seems to work great. No foam pieces to deal with either.

Thank you sir

STUTIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK - just got my New NEw one from Dee ZEE - NO COMPARISON to the old one!!!!! Way better engineering and quality. DEE ZEE is the REAL DEAL. THis is the 4th one they have sent me no questions ask! I am REALLY PLEASED with the new design and how it works. AND Dee Zee as a company! First class!