Exterior trim pieces color?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caleb Sousley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the color of the exterior trim pieces like the fender flares, tailgate applique, and the grille? Was looking at some vinyl graphics at Rocky Mountain graphics and wanted to possibly color match them to the exterior trim pieces if anyone knows what color they are or if anyone has done what I want to do what color did you go with for the graphics?

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
Caleb Sousley

Caleb Sousley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a link from a thread when I got it done. I got hood stripes, the Raptor fender decal, my center caps, a custom piece for the rear Ford emblem, and the red outline for the rear emblem.
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/got-my-truck-back-from-the-detail-shop.77028/#post-1498878

View attachment 159559
That does look really good! Noticed you got some mudflaps installed! How do you like them? I’m getting some next week and am excited to finally get some! And would you recommend the Xpel ceramic coating? Thinking about getting that done as well!

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Xpel is the clear paint protection film that I had put on first. The Ceramic Pro is the coating they put on over the clear film. I'm very happy with both. Just make sure to hunt down a quality detail shop to do your work. Some shops do really ****** work.

I put on the Weathertech flaps, I like them A LOT. Good protection, fit great, and easy no drill install. They also came with a flap to install on the bottom of the running board. I put them on hand tight just to see what they looked like. Did not like how they looked at all, removed them right away.

OP
OP
Caleb Sousley

Caleb Sousley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Xpel is the clear paint protection film that I had put on first. The Ceramic Pro is the coating they put on over the clear film. I'm very happy with both. Just make sure to hunt down a quality detail shop to do your work. Some shops do really ****** work.

I put on the Weathertech flaps, I like them A LOT. Good protection, fit great, and easy no drill install. They also came with a flap to install on the bottom of the running board. I put them on hand tight just to see what they looked like. Did not like how they looked at all, removed them right away.
I got weathertechs as well they looked neat and clean to me and I’ll probably get a ceramic coating maybe a PPF sometime soon I just haven’t decided which one to get

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Magnetic Grey, paint code J7. Rappy Graphics did a great job with mine in Magnetic.

Would you happen to know if there is anything unique with the clearcoat application? I have seen people mention that the Magnetic Grey on Raptors is lower gloss than the normal Magnetic grey, but I have not been able to find any evidence to support that.