Exhaust sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info very helpful.. I was looking at the volant and flow master super 10 or just doing cutouts.

Flowmaster 10 would definitely be louder at idle and light throttle. If that's what your looking for, might be for you. The Volant is more subtle at idle and light throttle but has a nice rumble at medim throttle and SCREAMS at full throttle. Not sure if drone bothers you, but the flow master will vibrate your eardrums and to me, would get old quick. The Volant has zero drone, I'm amazed. It's crazy to me to have such a deep, mean sound without drone, but it's true.

You sound like you like to have loud exhaust. I would think about doing what I did and having a Y-pipe cutout that you can open up and be loud with and have a more tactful Volant.

Again, lots of guys swear by Corsa and I'm sure it's awesome too. My recommendation would be to look at Volant (removing resonator) and Corsa xtreme.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Corsa Extreme is by far my favorite option. If you would like pricing or have any questions, don't hesitate to get a hold of me!

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you say the corsa extreme and the volant have a similar sound?

I am no expert but have been researching the two lately. From what I've heard, they are very similar. No drone on either. Both are relatively smooth and quiet at idle and light throttle. The difference that I've heard is that at full throttle (WOT) the Volant has a BRAPPP that I don't hear in the Corsa. I would say that the Volant (with no resonator) is a little more "extreme" than the Corsa Xtreme (means no resonator). Hehe

Both are very similar in my opinion. The prices are not too similar to me though...just saying. I would say to listen to sound clips of both and make up your mind from there. If price is a factor for you, I'd consider that too then.

Last edited:

Baldguy0722

Reaction score
I put borla on and love it no louder than stock at highway speeds have not found any drone speeds. A little loud pulling the enclosed trailer but any exhaust is then. And on the throttle it sounds great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why more guys don't go with Roush, but I love mine. I used to honk in the tunnel, but now I floor it. Varrooommmm!

OP
OP
R

robywatts

Reaction score
Yesterday I took the truck in to get exhaust done and I knew I was doing the cut outs no mater what and was on the fence between flow master or volant (buddy has the super 40 on his ram and sounds good) And was talking to the guy at the shop and they had to order the volant and It wouldn't be till next weekend b4 he could get to it. He said the super 40 would sound good and that he could do a true dual system... He also said if I didn't like it he would swap it out and it wouldn't cost me labor just would have to pay for muffler...they installed everything and it looks great. The super 40s sounds good...sounds great idling and good driving in the city and getting on the hi way, it gets a lil quiet at hi way speeds but that may not be a bad thing. Really surprised on how it sounds. That Brings me to this morning went out to the garage and took off the plates to the cut outs and started her up... First reaction OH SHIT!! It's loud real loud. drove it around a little bit noticed it vibrates the interior a lil bit and getting on the hi way you feel it. Sounds great. I pulled up to a light and a cop pulled next to me and thought to my self were about to see if it's to loud lol... When we took off he did a double take and went on so woohoo. I'll post some pics