exhaust cut out switch location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

slimj78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would a normal mufler shop be the place to handle this? What about any wiring involved? Difficulty level for the Novice?

Beer Rating? :drunk:[/QUOTE

Running wires isn't bad, I tapped into my cig lighter for power n hid switch on back side of my toggle switch box. Search it on here I got the mount idea from another guy on here. Def find a good muffler shop to weld it in, I put mine in place of resonator. Wiring is a 3-4 beer job!
It's all plug n play wth it.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to DMh direct. Google it. Can't remember what size bug they know when u call em. Top notch company n great customer service.

The stock exhaust system is 3". Get a 3" Y pipe and have your muffler shop make a turndown on the opening.

a6890da9-89c1-246b.jpg

kendasf

Reaction score
Very close indeed. Except that you actually need a 2 way rocker momentary or 2 separate momentary buttons as open and close uses different polarity.

How to use 2 Aux Switch's to control the exhaust cut out.

Additional items needed to make this work
Qty 1 - Automotive 5 pole relay. check here

Step 1. Connect AUX switch of your choice to pin 30 or the common connection on the relay.
Step 2. Connect the Power wire for the open direction to the pin 87 or the normally open on the relay
Step 3. Connect the power wire for the close direction to the 87a or normally closed on the relay.
Step 4. Connect pin 85 to the aux switch of your choice. This AUX switch will now be your open/close toggle
Step 5. Connect pin 86 to ground.

Now to open the cut out, toggle the AUX switch from Step 4 to on. This will enable opening of the cut out when the AUX switch from Step 1 is flipped. Note that partial opening can be achieved by not leaving the Aux switch on till the cut out is fully open.

To close the cut out toggle the AUX switch from step 4 to off. This will enable closing of the cut out when the AUX switch from Step 1 is flipped. And as before partial closing can be achieved.

Enjoy.:peace:

OP
OP
S

slimj78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew there was someone out there who could figure this out!!!! Thanks! Now if someone could just find a way to get rid of the brake overide system I'd be golden....

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Your going to have to talk to a tuner to achieve that... since everything is drive by wire now its all controlled by the ecu. Post up if you figure this out because I will be going down that road soon myself.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

slimj78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your going to have to talk to a tuner to achieve that... since everything is drive by wire now its all controlled by the ecu. Post up if you figure this out because I will be going down that road soon myself.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yup, I've tried 5star and they haven't been able to figure it out.....next is hptuners, efilive,sct and diablosport. Wish me luck!

dbmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone run these through a northern winter with road salt?
Do they hold up or seize up?

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get back at me this winter. I'm going to be in Boston.