Engine Noise after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

Kirito

Reaction score
Have you taken a good look in the engine bay to see if you can see anything noticeable? The fact that they would sell you the truck like that is pretty ******. I hope they plan on doing a full inspection on that truck top to bottom for you to make sure nothing else is wrong

Nothing inherently noticeable besides the obvious fact that someone did some serious off-roading in it. Considering the dealer I bought the raptor from is in TX and I’m in CA I can’t just take it in and demand anything. Pretty ****** though. Just dropped it off at my local Ford. Driving there was ok no noise of any nature. Couldn’t get the noise to happen when I got there. Service guy said he’ll have to replicate the noise in order to find out what it is, but upon initial inspection he didn’t see anything wrong. Will hear back on Monday.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing inherently noticeable besides the obvious fact that someone did some serious off-roading in it. Considering the dealer I bought the raptor from is in TX and I’m in CA I can’t just take it in and demand anything. Pretty ****** though. Just dropped it off at my local Ford. Driving there was ok no noise of any nature. Couldn’t get the noise to happen when I got there. Service guy said he’ll have to replicate the noise in order to find out what it is, but upon initial inspection he didn’t see anything wrong. Will hear back on Monday.

Well hopefully they can find whatever it is and get it fixed for ya. Good luck man, keep us posted!

OP
OP
K

Kirito

Reaction score
Did you have anyone test drive it in TX

I don’t know anyone in that area of TX, but the dealer did drive it about 100 miles to the shipping pickup location from Marlin to Austin. He didn’t say anything about the sound, and when I texted him last night about it he said he had no idea what it was.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

+1 @Sharkus29.

Raptor Assault truck #9 had a similar sound, it was the fan.

I sure hope so. The sound seemed to come on every so often and go away again, as if it were in sync with a fan. I dropped it off to the local dealership already. First thing he said was that the previous owner “took it off road and then some”.. they’ll need to keep it over the weekend to do inspection and try to replicate the sound again.

Regarding the Raptor assault truck do you know if it was a quick fix?

OP
OP
K

Kirito

Reaction score
UPDATE: Looks like its the lower fans. They were CAKED SOLID in mud. The dealership in TX didn’t even bother to do an inspection or detail of the truck before selling it. Unbelievable. Fans are getting replaced with new ones and the engine bay is getting a light pressure wash to get rid of some of the mud. Thank god for warranty and god bless my local ford dealership lol.

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome!

So much for the crap “engine is eating itself” claim. Surprised jake didn’t come through yapping “it needs a weephole”.

OP
OP
K

Kirito

Reaction score
Awesome!

So much for the crap “engine is eating itself” claim. Surprised jake didn’t come through yapping “it needs a weephole”.

Honestly, scared the crap out of me. I was on the verge of having a meltdown. Here's to hoping the fan was the only thing affected by the mud, and no other components are going to be an issue in the future because of the previous owners negligence. The dealership is going to do a light power wash on the engine bay but I've decided to also take the truck to a proffessional detailer next week. I don't want to see a single speck of dirt/mud in that engine bay that wasn't the result of MY driving :)