Engine cooling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
addhyperactive
Reaction score
Concerning the hood vents, several of us have modified the openings. The hood is fiberglass, so the work can be done with a Dremel and a sanding drum. There is a caution: if you open the vents too much you may not get a decent spray from your windshield washers while in motion.

There is a reason why a lot of fighter jets, historic and current, had matte black paint on the nose in front of the cockpit: glare reduction. A white hood graphic on your Raptor would do the opposite. I wouldn't, but it's your truck.

As to the fan, I'm betting that its speed is controlled by ECU software. If so, then changing the program is not something that the average owner can do.
Yeah I really didn't think about the glare, actually was talking to a local dealer to get the front hood decal replaced with kryptek raid, thanks for thinking for me @Ruger, lol.

On opening the engine vents how big is too big to not mess with the sprayers and why didn't ford do this right off the bat?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On opening the engine vents how big is too big to not mess with the sprayers and why didn't ford do this right off the bat?

Well, that's a tough one since I didn't open the vents too far! What I did was turn that 4-sided opening into a 5-sided opening by extending the side in the shape of a triangle. The opening is now half again larger than the factory opening (a triangle has half the area of the square or rectangle it's related to).

Why didn't Ford do it? Maybe because it's not a problem. But we're Americans, so bigger is usually better. (Reference the "Rated Smoking Hot" thread.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc