Electric wires under rear seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paul-k

Reaction score
Hey guys love the forum, just got my first raptor 2019 used, and when I pulled up the rear seat for the first time I saw these three wires disconnected. Does anyone have any idea what they could be for? Have kids in the rear just hoping nothing serious. Any help would be great!
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1986.jpeg
    IMG_1986.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1987.png
    IMG_1987.png
    883.7 KB · Views: 29

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Those look like amp wires for a aftermarket stereo system. Check to see and make sure they are not connected to the battery. If so disconnect them. Confirm with a volt meter to make sure there is no power on them, then you can safely remove from the vehicle.

And welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with exposed wires.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup, what Nex said. Positive and Negative wires to an amp I'd bet. Black will be a ground so no worries but the positive could be live. Hopefully, it will be fused close to the battery and the person removed the fuse. Otherwise...not safe like that with an open end. I'd make it safe as soon as possible.