GEN 2 Ecoboost 3.5 HO Details

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for correcting me. Do you guys know anymore details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. Crank affects stroke, not the rod.

I agree.

If the stroke were shorter you would have less displacement as well. Displacement is the volume of a cylinder and you would be decreasing the height of the cylinder.

The connecting rod length can change the orientation or the piston in the cylinder. As in... a shorter rod doesn't go up as far to the squish area in the head lowering the compression ratio...

But... it'll also go down a little bit lower in the cylinder so the displacement is the same.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
False. Crank stroke and bore determine displacement. Rod length and piston height have no affect.

He's right, you know. A shorter rod just means the piston starts lower in the block and stops lower. The distance it travels is the stroke and is only controlled by the crank.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey...enough with the ******* stroke already.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey...enough with the ******* stroke already.

Some of us care more about facts and physics vs marketing hype. Maybe if you would read more and post less you would learn something.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe if you would read where the OP acknowledge that he was incorrect and further thanked the group for correcting him you would not need to sit around and discuss the same shit over and over. Truckzor, we appreciate you wisdom and input put I'm pretty sure we covered the stroke of the engine pretty damn well.

Now, do you have any input as to any of the other internal parts or are we going to beat the dead horse some more?

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe if you would read where the OP acknowledge that he was incorrect and further thanked the group for correcting him you would not need to sit around and discuss the same shit over and over. Truckzor, we appreciate you wisdom and input put I'm pretty sure we covered the stroke of the engine pretty damn well.

Now, do you have any input as to any of the other internal parts or are we going to beat the dead horse some more?

I did read that part, bro. But I fail to see how your post about the very same subject really added any value.

Until somebody opens one up, this is all we know about the 3.5 HO...

"Key 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine improvements include a new twin direct and port-fuel injection strategy, stronger and lighter crank and valvetrain components, a redesigned twin-turbocharger system with electronic wastegate, and a redesigned valvetrain and variable-displacement oil pump.

Among the high-output EcoBoost performance enhancements for Raptor are more aggressive turbo compressors with increased boost calibrations, cast stainless steel manifolds and full dual exhaust, oil-cooled pistons and more aggressive engine control calibrations."

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...r-draws-a-line-in-the-sand-with-450-hors.html

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Read through this 3 page thread, theres some good info in there

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f261/house-boost-tuning-40hp-75ft-lb-53988/