Duratrac balancing issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FP Forged

Justin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never had a set of Goodyears car or truck tires that I didn't have an issue with. I love the idea of the Duratrac but will never buy another set of Goodyears. I tried Duratracs's on my Tacoma years back but I initially had two that were considered out of round. When replaced under warranty one of my two new replacements were out of round. Then it's replacement was considered borderline out of round, almost passable but at that point I gave up and got something else.

BTW All of this was determined by the road force machine but not after trying "ride match" all of them.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thirded....

I'm on my 2nd set of Duratracs. My local mechanic swore his guy could balance the 1st set of tires the 'old fashioned' way; he could not. Found a shop that road force balanced them and they worked great. After 50k I got my second set and went back to the same shop to find out they had a 'better that road force' balance method, they did not. Found a Firestone that had the RFB machine, had them balanced and no issues for the last 20K miles.

BTW, this issue goes way back on the forum and thanks to Greg for recommending RFB, I am a believer.

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Duratracs in stock size on the factory wheels and the first dealer had an issue with balancing. At first they insisted on using bead weights (that did not work for me). Then they balanced them with stick on weights, but they were still not right. I then brought them to another dealer and they were balanced on an older wheel balancer and they are smooth even at 70+mph.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL! Thanks, guys! Is this like the Oscars? If so, it's an honor just to be nominated. ;)
Crystal

Oh Crystal, there's no comparison. Unlike the Oscars there's no under the table money, no sex, no drugs, and no politics involved here. This is pure appreciation for being so good at what you do.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Crystal...can you nudge the Ford Service Canada rep for me?
Sent a PM a few days back...no reply yet...you could teach them a thing or two.

Consider them nudged, Aramco Raptor! Let me know if you don't hear from them by the end of the day today, but I'm sure they'll reach out to you shortly. :)

Oh Crystal, there's no comparison. Unlike the Oscars there's no under the table money, no sex, no drugs, and no politics involved here. This is pure appreciation for being so good at what you do.

LOL! Well, thank you, Ruger. You've made my day!

Crystal

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Consider them nudged, Aramco Raptor! Let me know if you don't hear from them by the end of the day today, but I'm sure they'll reach out to you shortly. :)

LOL! Well, thank you, Ruger. You've made my day!

Crystal

Crystal,

FordServiceCA just got back to me...thanks for your help!