Duplicolor Bed Armor with Kevlar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody used this product yet on their raptor. Trying to save money by not doing line x but want it to look good

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get what you pay for! I am not famaliar with this product specifically, but I have seen a lot of the do it yourself bedliners, and they are not very good. I usually saw them when someone brought it to the Line-X dealer I worked for and they wanted it fixed. Then your looking at even more money, cuz they are going to need to get this stuff out before they spray in Line-X. If you do decide to go this route, the key is going to be a good prep and plenty of coats if you even have a chance of getting a finish you are happy with.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You get what you pay for! I am not famaliar with this product specifically, but I have seen a lot of the do it yourself bedliners, and they are not very good. I usually saw them when someone brought it to the Line-X dealer I worked for and they wanted it fixed. Then your looking at even more money, cuz they are going to need to get this stuff out before they spray in Line-X. If you do decide to go this route, the key is going to be a good prep and plenty of coats if you even have a chance of getting a finish you are happy with.

Great response cage, I think the thing to remember here rap, is that if you don't get the results you want, then it will be a lot harder and cost a lot more to get it Line-X'd.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have used both Line-X and Rhino. Line-X is the superior product. Rhino is softer and sort of rubbery, and it can be ripped by sliding something heavy and rough across it (like concrete blocks or landscaping stones). Rhino also fades to grey.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I have used both Line-X and Rhino. Line-X is the superior product. Rhino is softer and sort of rubbery, and it can be ripped by sliding something heavy and rough across it (like concrete blocks or landscaping stones). Rhino also fades to grey.

I'm not sure what lining I have in my Raptor, but it seems like probably Rhino since I did have Rhino in my old F250 and it was really rubbery and came off easily if something scraped it. The lining that's in it was in it when I bought it and there was no tag identifying what it was. I have two or three spots in my bed right now where the lining has scratched through.

Don't skimp on your bed liner, you'll just be angry you did later.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it's any DIY bedliner... it would have to be BedRug or BedTred. JMO

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"I have two or three spots in my bed right now where the lining has scratched through."

most bedliner companies offer a patch kit, or you can use urethane. Windshield urethane is black and can easily be used to patch, it runs $5 to $8 bucks for a tube (plus you need a caulk gun)

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
"I have two or three spots in my bed right now where the lining has scratched through."

most bedliner companies offer a patch kit, or you can use urethane. Windshield urethane is black and can easily be used to patch, it runs $5 to $8 bucks for a tube (plus you need a caulk gun)

Yeah, I'll get around to it eventually. I live in AZ so rust isn't a big deal, and I don't use the bed of the truck that often anyhow. I'm thinking I'll just get it done with LineX sometime in the future.