GEN 2 DORA and Dealer Allocations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys & gals,

If your order is in and you haven't done so already, contact your dealer and request your DORA#. Of course I did after reading this great forum and discovering that some of you have received a DORA# already. Also, Interesting statement regarding my dealer's allocation for Raptors. FYI, this dealer sell lots of f150s and that is the reason I went to them for my order. I'm surprised how low the allocation is. Anyway the following is the response from my dealer after I requested my DORA#:

"Louis,

We made your DORA number the last 4 digits of your phone number. So it's ****. You should be able to track it using that number. We are only getting 6 Raptors for 2017. They are all sold at this point for our dealership. Thanks again for your business. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mark
Sent from my iPhone"

BTW, this dealer is ACE Ford in Mantua, NJ. They were very honest to me and kept their word about 1st on list and at MSRP. When I ordered I was told they had about 25 on the list. They could have easily gotten more for my order.

Lou

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know how some folks are getting a "DORA" already. To date, I've only seen one screen shot of a DORA. When I asked my dealership about it, he asked Ford and got the attached reply.

So, if Ford isn't giving DORAs until they're scheduled to run, and they absolutely have NOT been scheduled to run, what gives?

Interesting, for sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160811-204256.jpg
    Screenshot_20160811-204256.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 108

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That answer from the zone manager would make sense if the question was to get a VIN. DORAs happen when the truck goes in the order bank which is happening now.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That answer from the zone manager would make sense if the question was to get a VIN. DORAs happen when the truck goes in the order bank which is happening now.

I thought they weren't going in till September? Or is that when they might start production?

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right. Nobody knows for sure (apparently). This is the craziest, most unorganized bunch of silliness I've ever seen. Honestly, I've seen 70 year old women do a better job of organizing church socials. It's ridiculous.

I've heard the order bank is open. Then I've heard all that means is that Ford is taking orders. Makes sense, but if they're taking orders, why can't I get a DORA?

I've also heard that production won't start on ANY 2017 trucks until September. Who the heck knows?

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

That's it. I'm calling Ford tomorrow. Mess with me, will they.... LOL!