Door handle security

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have looked into this also... Two different methods:

1) Jaws of life to upper window track in two places. Will allow the window to be pulled out of frame and the glass snapped at door. The weakest part is the window frame.

2) sawzall through window frame and remove glass.

-Greg

:peace: thanx for the info man

OP
OP
moonjim

moonjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great info guys. My original post was indeed to deter theft of truck, or nav unit. Portland had some smash and grabs of nav units recently, although I don't think it was Fords, but all new sitting on lot. Main thing is theft of this truck, will the jimmie jammer deter that enough?
Jim

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great info guys. My original post was indeed to deter theft of truck, or nav unit. Portland had some smash and grabs of nav units recently, although I don't think it was Fords, but all new sitting on lot. Main thing is theft of this truck, will the jimmie jammer deter that enough?
Jim

It will deter amatuers and crack heads, or **** them off to bust a window. As far as the professional, a pit bull in the front seat.. Lol

Believe it or not, the most common items for theft on these trucks are tailgates and rear shocks.

-Greg

pipo.

Reaction score
My truck was broken into by number code buttons which were knocked in and they were able to open lock.

Is there is anything to help to secure this and prevent this to happen again?

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would. I had my truck broken into as well. I think those run pretty cheap and labor to install is the biggest expense... it sucks. The guy who did mine in ****** it up bad... Used what looked to be a crow bar and just wrecked everything. Such a shame.

Looks to cose around $40 ea

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc