Does this look normal to you guys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Well I just picked up my '12 raptor screw. Drove it home 2 hours no problem. Once I get home I start hearing a "creaking" noise coming from the rear of the truck, mainly on the driver side. It only happens in first gear when taking off from a stop at a normal rate. But if I very lightly ease into it I don't hear the noise. I've been looking online and I've heard rear leaf springs, brakes sticking or possibly the driveshaft. Any one have a similar experience? What resolved it? Also I looked at the drive shaft while I was under there and it looks like this. Is that normal? Doesn't seem right to me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 149
D

Deleted member 12951

Did you buy it like that or did you play it the dirt and or mud before you took that picture? That bottom looks pretty dirty. I just checked mine for you and took a picture. Doesn't look right to me. I have a 2014

aee4b63011d0331685057f604c9d316e.jpg

OP
OP
X
Reaction score
Yes that's the end of the driveshaft going into the transfer case, and it was muddy like that when I got it :/

D

Deleted member 12951

Thanks Huck, didn't catch that. Yeah that side is normal, pic of mine
24b53c6313dcda293846b42fba1bbd1b.jpg

And I've been through a shit load of mud. Surprised the dealer didn't clean it or did you buy it from an individual?

mike.s

Reaction score
I've been getting a creaky noise on my truck and turned out to be the leafsprings.

OP
OP
X
Reaction score
I bought it from a pretty reputable Ford dealer, I know it looks muddy underneath, but it's not ALL that bad compared to how my brothers jeep has been. It's very clean in all other aspects, this wasn't the first I looked at, I'm a pretty picky person but that didn't really bother me. So if the driveshaft looks normal does anyone have any input on the creaking sound. I've read thru the "clunk" sticky and done google searches but that hasn't really helped. It's kinda heartbreaking to get a new truck and then this sound pops up. Thanks in advance everyone!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought it from a pretty reputable Ford dealer, I know it looks muddy underneath, but it's not ALL that bad compared to how my brothers jeep has been. It's very clean in all other aspects, this wasn't the first I looked at, I'm a pretty picky person but that didn't really bother me. So if the driveshaft looks normal does anyone have any input on the creaking sound. I've read thru the "clunk" sticky and done google searches but that hasn't really helped. It's kinda heartbreaking to get a new truck and then this sound pops up. Thanks in advance everyone!
How many miles?
I just had me ujoints replaced and sounded like you said.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: