GEN 2 Does the front tow hook have a whip tail mount? Or do I have to buy one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Weezy,
My whip mounts are behind the cab at the front of the box. I have not used this mount, just remember seeing them. Appletree has been around a long time; I have always been a VW fan and Appletree has always supported the VW buggy interests. They are located near Silver Lake sand dunes in northern Michigan.

Eddie

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weezy,
My whip mounts are behind the cab at the front of the box. I have not used this mount, just remember seeing them. Appletree has been around a long time; I have always been a VW fan and Appletree has always supported the VW buggy interests. They are located near Silver Lake sand dunes in northern Michigan.

Eddie

Eddie,

Perfect, thanks for the info! That's actually where I plan on taking the Raptor since it's only a few hours from where I live. I'll be sure to stop by their store when I'm in the area.

Do you use a store-bought mount, or did you make it yourself? I don't think I've seen one that mounts behind the cab, so just curious why you went that route.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Weezy,
I have a pair of Tribal Whips "Whipzilla" 4' blue whips. They come with a quick release mount that I bolted to a scrap 2" x 4" piece of mahogany. I then bolted the 2" x 4" to the head of my BAK Roll-X tonneau cover, as well as a pair of small LED rear facing ambers. I made up a harness to the engine compartment and have the whips and rear facing ambers all with 2 wire quick release plugs. I can have all four, the whips and ambers all lit or any combo as indicated...ie riding at night in clear weather the whips are sufficient. In dusty conditions the ambers can be added and the whips unplugged....or run all 4.
Eddie

Attachments

• EddieOffroad.jpg
    EddieOffroad.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weezy,
I have a pair of Tribal Whips "Whipzilla" 4' blue whips. They come with a quick release mount that I bolted to a scrap 2" x 4" piece of mahogany. I then bolted the 2" x 4" to the head of my BAK Roll-X tonneau cover, as well as a pair of small LED rear facing ambers. I made up a harness to the engine compartment and have the whips and rear facing ambers all with 2 wire quick release plugs. I can have all four, the whips and ambers all lit or any combo as indicated...ie riding at night in clear weather the whips are sufficient. In dusty conditions the ambers can be added and the whips unplugged....or run all 4.
Eddie

That's a very slick setup, and sounds easy to remove when not needed. Thanks for the info!

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Eddie,

Perfect, thanks for the info! That's actually where I plan on taking the Raptor since it's only a few hours from where I live. I'll be sure to stop by their store when I'm in the area.

Do you use a store-bought mount, or did you make it yourself? I don't think I've seen one that mounts behind the cab, so just curious why you went that route.

At silver lake the flag needs to be on the front of the vehicle FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk