Do you hate rattles as much as I do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've always hated hitch rattles. They seem especially bad with a light trailer, like a bike trailer or landscape trailer. I tried something new with my Raptor and bought a class 4 tow bar. Obviously it's way overkill at 12,000 lbs. weight capacity, but with a weight of about 25 lbs., it is absolutely dead quiet. I'm assuming it's because of the extra mass and weight. It doesn't rattle at all, even with just a regular hitch pin in it. It was only about $60, so it doesn't cost much more. I think it made my unit about 1/4" longer, also. Win, win!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always hated hitch rattles. They seem especially bad with a light trailer, like a bike trailer or landscape trailer. I tried something new with my Raptor and bought a class 4 tow bar. Obviously it's way overkill at 12,000 lbs. weight capacity, but with a weight of about 25 lbs., it is absolutely dead quiet. I'm assuming it's because of the extra mass and weight. It just doesn't rattle at all, even with just a regular hitch pin in it. It was only about $60, so it doesn't cost much more. I think it made my unit about 1/4" longer, also. Win, win!

Any price thats increases the unit is worth it