DIY truck wrap with matte black vinyl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats insane. I don't have the patience to take a shit let-alone wrap my own truck. Good lord, kudo's to you.

OP
OP
menerso

menerso

2019 Raptor SCREW
Reaction score
I am doing this for all of you that may think about doing it yourself. Hopefully, you can do this and save a ton of cash... or you may be a crazy as me. :peace:

I really want to get this done... and my wife asked me yesterday if I would rather just pay someone to do it... I had to think about it.

Thanks for the good wishes...

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Menerso,

I'm confused.....I thought you were going to follow Ducati's lead and become the defacto FRF matte wrap guy and hit the road doing eveyone's trucks. ;-)

OP
OP
menerso

menerso

2019 Raptor SCREW
Reaction score
Menerso,

I'm confused.....I thought you were going to follow Ducati's lead and become the defacto FRF matte wrap guy and hit the road doing eveyone's trucks. ;-)

Hey, that is a great idea! :waytogo: You pick the color, send me your truck, I will wrap it or if you want, i will wrap a new Raptor and just send it to you and then you can send me yours as a core return.

I wonder if Ducati would get me some free lights if I wrapped his truck? Hmmm, I wonder if he likes leopard print?

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice job menerso! Question for you though, since you aren't changing the color, could you just do a clear matte wrap? What's the benefit of doing black matte over black?

The reason I ask is that I would love to have my blue flame in matte.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'll be honest at the beginning of this thread I thought you would start, screw it up, waste the money you spent on the vinyl, and then take it to a professional. But good job, you've done better than I would have so far.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job menerso! Question for you though, since you aren't changing the color, could you just do a clear matte wrap? What's the benefit of doing black matte over black?

The reason I ask is that I would love to have my blue flame in matte.

I thought the same thing. I would think in your case you could use the Xpel Stealth stuff and have a matte blue truck.