Digital License Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone in CA or AZ running a digital license plate? I was bored and ordered one and when I took a pic of my current plate, I noticed there isn’t a lot of space around the plate and was wondering if it would fit. The plate faq says 6x12 but not sure how accurate it is. It just shipped so I can’t check until it arrives.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we installed the first one back in 2013. they finally came into production around 2015 i think. not many people run them. i sure wouldnt. who knows what kind of tracking those things have

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
we installed the first one back in 2013. they finally came into production around 2015 i think. not many people run them. i sure wouldnt. who knows what kind of tracking those things have

Raptors already have tracking though, correct? At least with that case, the government doesn't have direct access to it. I'm just not following what the benefit of a digital license plate is. I get that it can report itself as stolen, but couldn't police already use Ford tracking and the Licence number to locate the vehicle?

It might be cool if you could change the background whenever you wanted, like RWB on the 4th, on Christmasy...whatever...but doesn't look like that's an option.