Did I do good? or get the shaft?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got a good deal, and 1800 miles is nothing. I put over 1000 over the weekend.

Unless, it is the same truck doing all of the jumps on youtube.. its not Ruby is it??

(Kidding)

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Considering a dealer selling one with 600 miles by me for 85k... I think you did great lol. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Taxes, dealer fees are somewhat ill relevant as that depends on variables. What did you get them down to without counting the extras?

But somewhat surprised how much the resale tanked so quickly on that.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good job, got a deal, it would seem. Unless the Gen 2 keeps dropping. Just from what you said, backing out add on's, taxes, fee's and etc. you prolly paid 58k ish for the truck, just guessing. That's a heck of a drop on a "new" truck when we have folks paying and trading old, slow, heavy, dogs (yea pointed at you RAPTERRIER) that are at least 3 years old with many more miles and getting 48k to 50k on a truck that was sticker of 56k. Just sayin.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
Good job, got a deal, it would seem. Unless the Gen 2 keeps dropping. Just from what you said, backing out add on's, taxes, fee's and etc. you prolly paid 58k ish for the truck, just guessing. That's a heck of a drop on a "new" truck when we have folks paying and trading old, slow, heavy, dogs (yea pointed at you RAPTERRIER) that are at least 3 years old with many more miles and getting 48k to 50k on a truck that was sticker of 56k. Just sayin.

The old J1, on used car lots everywhere...

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a decent deal to me as well, but depends on what you got for your trade...as long as your happy with that then all's good.
Talked to a few people or even been in deals where the new vehicles sounded good, but they marked down the trade in value to make the difference....

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
you’re 25... Fort Bragg, and shelled out for a $66k truck?

RESPECT! at 25 I couldn’t afford to pay attention. 25... I have Van Halen concert t-shirts older than that. Def Leppard too. :p

Ok, not to be wet blanket or blanket party, but did you run a vehicle history on the truck? Was it wrecked, crashed, or dumped on the dealer in a repair trade as some have discussed here- a favorable dealer buy back due to a catastrophic hard part failure - transmission, transfer case, etc.?

If you did your due diligence, no obvious flaws on the truck, visible or suspicious repair history... 2x RESPECT !

Enjoy the new truck!

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you’re 25... Fort Bragg, and shelled out for a $66k truck?

RESPECT! at 25 I couldn’t afford to pay attention. 25... I have Van Halen concert t-shirts older than that. Def Leppard too. :p

Ok, not to be wet blanket or blanket party, but did you run a vehicle history on the truck? Was it wrecked, crashed, or dumped on the dealer in a repair trade as some have discussed here- a favorable dealer buy back due to a catastrophic hard part failure - transmission, transfer case, etc.?

If you did your due diligence, no obvious flaws on the truck, visible or suspicious repair history... 2x RESPECT !

Enjoy the new truck!

My thoughts exactly. Hottest truck on the market, below MSRP, used with only 1800 miles, makes me go HMMM??? But, if none of the above concerns applied to your purchase, you got a Great Deal. And if you're sick because you feel you've over-extended your income, sell it for a profit!!!