Dedicated snow tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krodUT

Reaction score
Anyone know of good dedicated snow tires that'll fit the new Raptor?

I have Bridgestone Blizzaks on a BMW with XDrive and they're incredible. I know the BF Goodrich's are great in snow but I live in the Rockies and want something with better ice traction.

Searched TireRack and DiscountTire and couldn't find anything

Gilligan

Reaction score
Anyone know of good dedicated snow tires that'll fit the new Raptor?

I have Bridgestone Blizzaks on a BMW with XDrive and they're incredible. I know the BF Goodrich's are great in snow but I live in the Rockies and want something with better ice traction.

Searched TireRack and DiscountTire and couldn't find anything

Ko2's are snow rated... Buying something else would be a waste of money IMO

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Studded Goodyear duratacs for sure. I looked at the Nokians but have not tried them and don't know of any real feedback

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having lived in Colorado for a few years, I would say unless you lived up in the mountains a set of studded tires would be a waste. I ran winter tires on the mustang and scoobies but on 4wd trucks just winter rated is all that is needed. Now if you are living up in the mountains or commuting over the pass each day then a studded tire like the duratrac would be worth it just be aware they will wear quickly when CO gets it warm days which in Denver I am sure you know goes from 4 inches of snow to 75 and sunny in a day sometimes

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also worth noting that in deeper snow a winter tire with shallow street friendly tread won't do very well. the toyota club i run with sees this a allot were we get new guys that come out for winter runs with a regular winter tire and we either end up having to winch or rag them out of any trouble spots where as the guys with duratracs or m/ts fair much better unless were on ice.

Last edited: