Deciding on a light set, looking for help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As mentioned many times, you get what you pay for. Why not buy from an American company that make their lights here in the USA?
Rigid lights do cost more but they are absolutely worth it

for me it is worth spending a little more money to get a lifetime warranty and to support a company that helps keep people in the USA employed and not give any more money to China

Thank you for elaborating... That's what I was getting at. Rigid and Vision-X, Lifetime warranty, made in USA, WIN.

OP
OP
tikicult

tikicult

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going with an OnX from Baja Designs for the led bar. Figure I might as well get something that I won't have to replace. For my hood mounts, I am going to get the 4" HidX.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As mentioned many times, you get what you pay for. Why not buy from an American company that make their lights here in the USA?
Rigid lights do cost more but they are absolutely worth it

for me it is worth spending a little more money to get a lifetime warranty and to support a company that helps keep people in the USA employed and not give any more money to China

I'm for buying made in the USA. But at what cost? There have been many people who have had moisture issues with the Rigid lights.
Also, where does Rigid get their LEDs?

For the record, I have both USA and China LED lights on my truck. And nothing against M&R, I recommend them and they have performed very well for me, but I do find myself being quite fond of the Whelen LEDs I have. Perhaps it's the location they are mounted.

Yukon Joe
Delta Force
Snoball500 Support Raptor

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had 0 condensation with my Rigids as well and think they are worth the extra money for lifetime guaranteed and all the help they have give me.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Some fked my roof light and i called rigid and they were willing to ship back the light from warranty all the way to canada! Which is pretty expensie cause i got a quote to send mine to the u.s it was around 180 dollars. Its nothing major so i didnt send it. But their customer service is awesome, the telephone lady didnt know what i was talking about so it was ok so she transferred me over and the guy didnt know either but within 5 minutes he got a hold of a engeneer and sorted my questions straight!

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most people won't realize the benefit of paying extra for high quality lifetime warranties lights, until down the road... 1, 2, maybe 3 years. Even if something costs 60% more, if it means 100% repair or replacement in a few years time, it's worth it!

On top of that, items with a lifetime warranty generally have much high quality standards to begin with... So you don't have the hassle of having to send back low quality Chinese lights even if they DO have a warranty.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You literally can't beat the new OnX LED light bar light output and quality, backed by our lifetime warranty!
We also offer a fpf discount.

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll echo whats already been stated here in reminding you to make sure you keep in mind how often they will be used, I have top of the line Vision X HIDs on my truck, its a hell of a lot of money and in hindsight I may have gone with a lower cost model considering I really dont use them nearly enough. They do turn night into day though! On the other hand, the vision X solstice 10 watt LEDs im using as backup lights get used daily and are something I didnt know I couldnt live without until I had them!

Got condensation in all 5 of the rigid lights that I put on my truck way back when, they were helpful but I'd just as soon never have that concern in the first place. Heard good things about BD's OnX series and those guys have treated me right.

If you really want to go fast off-road and not have a crazy set-up HID is the way to go, LEDs are great and the top of the line vision x or BD lights might have the distance (havent had a chance to try either), LEDs also have an extra cool factor and the instant on properties they have lend themselves well to blinding ******** on the road or showing your friends your sweet lights.

Sorry for the long winded post and it sounds like you're on the right track but i figured it may help someone else in the future

dmarriott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baja Designs OnX light bar hands down the brights light + best distance LED out there. Pre-ran in barstow race last week with guy who had 54" + 30" bar from another company on your list and my 30" was 25% brighter and thru light twice as far. Just my 2 cents but i've been so happy with there set up!