Dealer says my 2018 Raptor is only worth $25k on trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some wild prices on used raptors around me. I figure they'll throw a 10K over KBB out sometimes to just see who they can snag. I bet they get an uniformed taker often enough. I wonder if its California transplants who see a 4 year old raptor with 50K miles for 68K and buy sight unseen because its so much cheaper than they are used to. No idea. The dealer knows exactly what these trucks are worth why there is a massive swing in prices tells you everything you need to know about some dealers.

shank_guru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 has been sitting at the dealer lot since early August. It has 88000 miles and they have it down to $45K, which is less than they gave me in trade.

OP
OP
H

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, well I only gave the thought of trading it about five seconds. Entertaining thread though. It is a clear title, so I don't need to sell it. I sold the F350 last week. Now just have to sell the two RVs... and definitely not buying anything new until they get off the high horses on ADM/MSRP bull swankee.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I have a 2019 802A Supercrew with 38,171 miles and it's running great.

Not selling though.

Louisiana Barefoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a shitload of miles.
I disagree. I've bought many high mileage vehicles ever since I've moved to a rural area. The last new car I bought had 107K miles on it before I went to change the brakes and the guy at the part store compared the new pads to what I had and there was little wear. I put the old ones back on. That car was a 123 mile/day commuter car, 95% highway miles. No issues EVER. I maintain my vehicles. F150 had 122K when I bought it 14 years ago. Now has 254K, transmission rebuilt. Peterbilt 379 had 1,031,000 when I bought it. Now has 2,104,000 and I did have my engine rebuilt 150K miles after I bought it. I can sell it now for more than I paid. Just maintain it properly, and if it was highway miles, I wouldn't hesitate. My Raptor had 136K when I bought it almost 3 years ago. Now only has 147K but have had NO issues with it at all. I have changed all fluids, plugs, wires, coils, and have bought but not installed new shocks . Depending on the type of mileage, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a low priced high mileage vehicle.

OP
OP
H

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disagree. I've bought many high mileage vehicles ever since I've moved to a rural area. The last new car I bought had 107K miles on it before I went to change the brakes and the guy at the part store compared the new pads to what I had and there was little wear. I put the old ones back on. That car was a 123 mile/day commuter car, 95% highway miles. No issues EVER. I maintain my vehicles. F150 had 122K when I bought it 14 years ago. Now has 254K, transmission rebuilt. Peterbilt 379 had 1,031,000 when I bought it. Now has 2,104,000 and I did have my engine rebuilt 150K miles after I bought it. I can sell it now for more than I paid. Just maintain it properly, and if it was highway miles, I wouldn't hesitate. My Raptor had 136K when I bought it almost 3 years ago. Now only has 147K but have had NO issues with it at all. I have changed all fluids, plugs, wires, coils, and have bought but not installed new shocks . Depending on the type of mileage, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a low priced high mileage vehicle.
what shocks did you choose? Mine are beyond ready...