Dealer emblem removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Maxx2893

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well i got it off. Had some of that 1/8" or so thick styrofoam adhesive. It was alittle more work but well worth it.

RPM6000

Reaction score
I told my dealer not to put one on there, and if there is one when I go to pick it up they will be removing it before my truck ever leaves the lot. I hate the fact that dealers have to stick those things on there, and most of the time they don't even put them on straight.

OneArmedViolinist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've also used a heat gun, dental floss, and goo gone to de-badge a vehicle. Worked just fine.

LOL you could just use my ExGirlfriend to remove Decals.... she would wear PantyHose all day at work.... then slowly take them off.... with her ass next to the decal....and it would peel right off.... LOL :Big Laugh:

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer put one of their stickers on, but it was one of those thick "gel" type stickers that looks more 3 dimensional. It pulled right off.

As for using "goo gone", don't go out of your way to buy that stuff... WD-40 or Mineral Spirits works just the same and won't hurt your paint.

FWIW, WD-40 is also great for removing Pine Sap... just got back from our property yesterday and the roof had half a dozen sap droppings on it. WD-40 was the trick.

chapba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome tip on the WD-40 for the pine sap! parking under a ponderosa canopy every night i always have tons of micro sap-balls all over the damn place!

Anybody know if the Ford and F-150 Decal can be removed and if so are there holes underdeath for holding the emblem in place??

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've learned that orange or lemon oil furniture polish will remove sticky residue. So will gum spirits (different from mineral spirits). Gonna have to get one of those plastic razor blades!