Dash Cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I saw one on here but searching for it could be a pain. I need to figure that whole tapatalk thing out so I can post a picture of my set up. I basically installed a 12V outlet (like $4) inside the right side dash panel (door open) and wired it to my AUX 4. So it allows me to run the cable hidden and plug into the socket out of sight. Also, someone else on here did a sweet "always on one" with a switch in the center console.

Also I broke down and put my stupidity on YouTube;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnlv-o2u-Uc

Not a great camera, but like I said a better one is coming.

I love that intersection. I always try to time it to allow a decent run through the green light without traffic. More than once I've waived to the people watching me sail by in front of them. The best part is that you don't really have to go very fast to get air there. If you can get some ****** in a honda to tailgate you at speed you can watch them wreck their shit in the mirror.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Haha- so I bought the black one ^ first link. It came in the same box as the blueish one.. Second link. Sure enough it's the same damn thing.
zuhy5uva.jpg
3unazyma.jpg

They just put a sticker over the original barcode.
erutejub.jpg

CarRamrod

Reaction score
thats the one i just bought. How are you going to wire it? im thinking about just buying a cheap mini usb cable, routing it through the roof, down the side to the fuse box and tapping in there, like someone said earlier. I just need to cut the other USB off and find the power wire.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny you posted this. I woke up this morning going.. How the hell am I going to wire that? I think I may tinker with the idea of opening up the sunroof/sliding glass, etc, panel and seeing if there's a hot wire. Any clue which one is powered on when the truck is on? Also might as well wire my radar detector also

TheJACKedViking

Full Access Member
Reaction score

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thinking about getting this guy

Amazon.com : BlackVue Wi-Fi 2 Channel DR550GW-2CH 32GB, Car Black Box/Car DVR Recorder with Power Magic Pro : Vehicle Backup Cameras : Car Electronics

Pricey but I do like the extra features on it. I'm probably going to wire it to one of my AUX switches ( master switch in case ya know, I need to kidnap someone ).

My only question right now is how I'm going to wire the rear camera.. :hmm:

I would get a secondary rearview
Mounted high up in cab
Better angle