Dash cam mirror tap not working on 2023?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I bought the dongar adapter for the rear view mirror to power the dash cam but it won’t turn on. I have a BlackVue 900XPlus-2CH. The usb part of the adapter lights up but no power to the camera (or not enough?). Could it be the cable itself or something else?
Mine worked on my garmin dash cam mini for a few days and then it stopped working. I sent dongar an email and they sent me a new adapter immediately. Works again, we will see if that was just a faulty adapter or something else. I have a 21 but I am guessing that doesn’t matter.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The worst thing you can to is “tap” factory harnesses. Run a dedicated circuit and use the upfitter switches if you must install aftermarket electronics.
Mines been working just fine. What would be a side effect of using the tap? I guess I could run it to an aux switch instead.

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used that brand for several issues on my previous and present Raptor and Bronco with zero issues. I believe in this case the gentleman has a camera that requires more voltage and is not supported. Works on my Garmin just fine and there is no chance of damaging the wiring, completely plug and play.

dh2002

Reaction score

this is the one I use with my Garmin dash cam. Only down side is it turns off when the truck shuts off