Cutting Up My Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fwiw my king 3.5s have hoses and remote reservoirs and also I got drop shackles, both change the shape and size of the holes compared to piggyback reservoirs and stock shackles

OP
OP
Psirus7

Psirus7

Reaction score
I finally started getting my truck together after waiting for the Inland NW winter to be over. Dovetail is almost done, but I have a lot of cleaning up to do on the plastic. I used a 3" cut-off saw and found that it melted the plastic pretty bad. I'm hoping that sanding and a razor blade will clean up the cut. I popped out the plastic and cut the metal about 1/3" higher than the plastic. I also cut the bottom off the rear frame horns about 3". My garage is covered in aluminum and molten plastic bits...Dovetail.jpeg

OP
OP
Psirus7

Psirus7

Reaction score
My measurements for the SVC Mojave rear was about 2.6" down from the plastic at the rear corner, and about 8.1" down to the crease. A flap wheel cleaned up the metal edge really nicely and I used a combination of a 3" cut-off tool, Dremel with a metal cutting blade, and an (air) body saw.Rear .jpg

OP
OP
Psirus7

Psirus7

Reaction score
I used a dull flap wheel and a razor blade on the plastic to smooth out the cut on the plastic trim. It’s not perfect, but it is greatly improved!

Attachments

• IMG_3003.jpeg
    IMG_3003.jpeg
    379.7 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
Psirus7

Psirus7

Reaction score
Finally knocked out the cuts in the bed for my bypass rack. I went 8.5” back from the front of the bed and 20” to the rear. I offset 1.75” on the side and tapered the cut to a 1/2” edge along the bedside. I used a 4.5” cut-off tool, but most of the cutting with with a dremel metal cutting blade (yes, it took forever). I rounded off the corners with the dremel router blade. I undercut any awkward angles and then used a flap disk to get the cut within spec.
IMG_3009.jpeg
IMG_3023.jpeg

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something I didn’t expect was the crazy spiderwebbing that came from cutting through two layers of line-X.

yeah.. cool fumes, right? I just took a pressure washer to mine the other day and most of the sprayed line from the wheel came off, a year later..