Creaking sound on gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlue20

Reaction score
I had a Mustang SVT Cobra that had a noise like that. My problem was that the honeycomb material in the Cat had broken and under acceleration would make a metallic rattling sound.

OP
OP
cloco

cloco

Reaction score
I had a Mustang SVT Cobra that had a noise like that. My problem was that the honeycomb material in the Cat had broken and under acceleration would make a metallic rattling sound.
Interesting. I just took it to the shop and went and did the test drive with one of the guys. Not a fkin peep

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
You can tap the cats with a mallet, if they are broken internally they will make a noise. Generally.

beto_sn

Reaction score
I thought it was creaking at first but I guess overtime it got worse and it sounds like pinging now. It sounds like it corresponds with the turbos. I could be wrong.
I keep
@FordTechOne I have another video I’m trying to edit so it’ll be short enough to upload.
yup this is exactly how mine sounds, does it do it if you rev it in park as well?

OP
OP
cloco

cloco

Reaction score
Tried this today and nothing
Took it to the dealer almost two weeks ago now. They’re pretty confident it’s my starter hanging up on startup and also engaging when taking off from a stop. Could also be the same thing happening to you. Unless you have a different diagnosis.