Creaking sound on gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cloco

Reaction score
Anyone recognize this creaking sound? It only happens when accelerating from a stop or very low speed. I’ll try and get a better video when it happens again but you can slightly hear it in this one.

Attachments

• IMG_3502.mov
    11.6 MB

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Hard to hear. Need more information on your truck. Year, miles and modifications done to the truck.

Sway bar end links would be a wild αss guess without more information.

OP
OP
cloco

cloco

Reaction score
@Nex 2017 with 63.5k miles. I have eibach coilovers on the front and SPD exhaust. I’ve heard it on startup before as well but that was only once. It’s pretty much only when accelerating.

OP
OP
cloco

cloco

Reaction score
@jAKe47 sounds correct to me. @FordTechOne I’ll have to check. But if something like that was loose, wouldn’t I hear it at any speed rather than just sometimes and only on acceleration from a stop?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@jAKe47 sounds correct to me. @FordTechOne I’ll have to check. But if something like that was loose, wouldn’t I hear it at any speed rather than just sometimes and only on acceleration from a stop?
Not saying it’s loose, just possibly not torqued to spec. Which will create a noise as the shock bushing moves in the control arm. It also needs to be torqued at ride height, so either a 4 post drive on lift or on the ground.