Crazy ADM with Gen 3 Raptors... any MSRP dealer in Md/Va/Dc/De?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likely you gave the sales staff cues that you were going to buy the truck one way or another, no matter what, so they told you 10k over and, well... if this is all you’re going to do about it, that’s why dealers charge ADM for Raptors. Once sellers sense they have the upper hand, they’re not going to budge and this stealership is not going to budge with you at all, over anything because they now know you want the truck bad enough to pay way over list and way more than it’s worth. Every interaction from here on out will be in their favor, not yours.

Get your deposit back and move on with life. There will be more Raptors made when the shortage abates. You can do a lot with 10k, besides sponsoring the GM’s trip to Tahiti for a month.

You have a limited window to clue the stealership in that you’re not playing those games and if you start the conversation with ‘please don’t charge me over msrp’ it’s already too late.
Exactly! Get your deposit back and give them the bird on the way out the door. You can do a lot with an extra $10k.

I agree with the notion of calling out dealerships who are gouging people as well as those selling at MSRP. Is there a thread going yet with this specific topic?

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly! Get your deposit back and give them the bird on the way out the door. You can do a lot with an extra $10k.

I agree with the notion of calling out dealerships who are gouging people as well as those selling at MSRP. Is there a thread going yet with this specific topic?
I think that there was a thread on the Gen 3 Raptors Facebook group with turned into a place to call out dealers charging ADM.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s like 2016-2017 all over again. We had the same threads here for the Gen 2 launch.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who really thought it was going to be different? And now there’s less trucks to sell.

fishgolfshoot

Reaction score
Smash these guys for all I care, Essential Ford in Stuart Florida. That’s where I’m being charged an extra 10k. I’m an open book, got a few messages from folks with some helpful info and I’m super grateful. The vibe I got reading this thread was that there were other folks potentially in my same boat, so I wanted to share my experience of not getting it in writing and then getting hit with an ADM. Hopefully it helps some people, I knew I’d get made fun of a bit but I’m not too worried about that. At the end of the day this was the truck I wanted and I don’t have a ton of time to research dealerships in other states, call, negotiate etc. My feeling is that some people will get lucky and pull MsRP but most of us won’t. These first gen 3’s will sell either way you just have to decide which side you want to be on, my route for sure isn’t for everybody and if I was at another point in life then paying an extra 10k wouldn’t make sense to me either.
Super stoked on the info I’ve pulled from these threads, I’ll probably post some more dumb stuff in the future so bare with me, but stoked to be here to learn and share info

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Smash these guys for all I care, Essential Ford in Stuart Florida. That’s where I’m being charged an extra 10k. I’m an open book, got a few messages from folks with some helpful info and I’m super grateful. The vibe I got reading this thread was that there were other folks potentially in my same boat, so I wanted to share my experience of not getting it in writing and then getting hit with an ADM. Hopefully it helps some people, I knew I’d get made fun of a bit but I’m not too worried about that. At the end of the day this was the truck I wanted and I don’t have a ton of time to research dealerships in other states, call, negotiate etc. My feeling is that some people will get lucky and pull MsRP but most of us won’t. These first gen 3’s will sell either way you just have to decide which side you want to be on, my route for sure isn’t for everybody and if I was at another point in life then paying an extra 10k wouldn’t make sense to me either.
Super stoked on the info I’ve pulled from these threads, I’ll probably post some more dumb stuff in the future so bare with me, but stoked to be here to learn and share info
LOL…still walk away from it! Jk jk…be happy with your purchase and look forward to your posts. Bunch of pleasant folks around here!:shakehead:

triggerfish

Reaction score
Greenway Ford in Orlando had 3 2021 Raptors advertised without the markup last week .. called them and they were all $10K ADM. all had Vins and scheduled build dates. They all sold for the $10K over from what the sales guy I was in contact with said.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Greenway Ford in Orlando had 3 2021 Raptors advertised without the markup last week .. called them and they were all $10K ADM. all had Vins and scheduled build dates. They all sold for the $10K over from what the sales guy I was in contact with said.
I’ll be up that way this weekend. Maybe I will stop by and bust some balls. Man I just gotta find a Gen 3. I know there’s going to be an ADM and I willing to pay. But 20k is my limit. I bet one of those guys who put a deposit down would lose one.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ll be up that way this weekend. Maybe I will stop by and bust some balls. Man I just gotta find a Gen 3. I know there’s going to be an ADM and I willing to pay. But 20k is my limit. I bet one of those guys who put a deposit down would lose one.
Don’t do it; MY22 is right around the corner. Snag one then & keep that 20k in your pocket.