Corsa extreme drones, per Corsa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dartv8r

Reaction score
They all sound cool on a cold start and at Idle. The Gibson sounded phenomenal.

That doesn't even matter a little bit when you start driving it and it drones inside the cab and sounds like your neighbor's lawn mower to the people you pass on the street.

You guys can pound your chests all you want. The facts are the facts. Many folks will read this thread and make up their own minds as to what to buy.

Have you sat in one and actually driven the truck with the exhaust? (probably not.) I myself hate the dreaded drone noise and I can confirm there is NO drone and my ears are pretty sharp. Anyone in socal wanting to hear it you're more than welcome to have a listen. You can't even hear it cruising on the freeway. The exhaust is loud yes and that's different than hearing drone. The tones you hear from the cab although pretty tame from the inside are simply exhaust noise. You put a loud aftermarket exhaust on a car/truck you will hear exhaust noise. Some systems have drone and some don't and this one doesn't. As far as how it sounds to others, who cares, are you modifying your truck to please others or are you doing it for yourself?

D

Deleted member 12951

This thread seems to be more about how @Guy is talking up Ford Performance as the best solution and dissing Corsa or any other brand.

I for one can tell you that I was not impressed with Ford Performance on my Touring Exhaust for the GEN1. It was not the best for off-roading, the welds were weak and they used thin metal. The welds broke off the hangers in the rear and it broke several times on both sides of the resonator.

Warranty was good though as they replaced the tailpipe section and resonator once. I ended up getting tired of their exhaust always falling apart and actually ended up throwing it away in the trash.

It did sound good and I got compliments but the quality in my opinion was not up to par. One would of thought with all those Ford engineers that they would of designed and specified a better product for a Raptor. For someone to think just because its Ford Performance that its the end all of the best solution out there is just fooling themselves, drone or not.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope.

Go reread it.

I have no idea how the Ford exhaust is going to work out.

I just know what happens so far when you run with no resonator.

This thread seems to be more about how @Guy is talking up Ford Performance as the best solution and dissing Corsa or any other brand.

I for one can tell you that I was not impressed with Ford Performance on my Touring Exhaust for the GEN1. It was not the best for off-roading, the welds were weak and they used thin metal. The welds broke off the hangers in the rear and it broke several times on both sides of the resonator.

Warranty was good though as they replaced the tailpipe section and resonator once. I ended up getting tired of their exhaust always falling apart and actually ended up throwing it away in the trash.

It did sound good and I got compliments but the quality in my opinion was not up to par. One would of thought with all those Ford engineers that they would of designed and specified a better product for a Raptor. For someone to think just because its Ford Performance that its the end all of the best solution out there is just fooling themselves, drone or not.

AKLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you sat in one and actually driven the truck with the exhaust? (probably not.) I myself hate the dreaded drone noise and I can confirm there is NO drone and my ears are pretty sharp. Anyone in socal wanting to hear it you're more than welcome to have a listen. You can't even hear it cruising on the freeway. The exhaust is loud yes and that's different than hearing drone. The tones you hear from the cab although pretty tame from the inside are simply exhaust noise. You put a loud aftermarket exhaust on a car/truck you will hear exhaust noise. Some systems have drone and some don't and this one doesn't. As far as how it sounds to others, who cares, are you modifying your truck to please others or are you doing it for yourself?

Wat part of socal are you in ?

I would love to hear it

CWBROWN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have the Borla S-Type and all I can tell you is I personally think it's "loud" in the cab over 70 mph. With that said, Borla says that's not drone. They claim it's the turbo spool through the X pipe at high speeds. This is all subjective and people call this in cab noise different things. If you don't mind the louder noise in the cab then go x pipe. If you want to maintain a more quiet experience you need the resonator.

I do a lot of highway driving. Speed limit is 75mph so I am normally cruising over 80mph. I personally want something more quiet than the Borla. I like the way it sounds around town, just not at highway speed or going up the mountian @ WOT.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a company to admit their exhaust drones is a death knell. So like politicians they will come up with all sorts of other terms and explanations for the continuous spine-raking sound that fills the cabin at highway speeds.

They will then get a half dozen people who excitedly say it sounds great and that drone is subjective and the cycle continues.

The FOMOCO ford performance touring exhaust made by Borla doesn't drone. You can hear the exhaust a little bit at 70 and 80mph but it's on par with stock. The stock exhaust isn't whisper quiet on the highway either. It's the same as what came from the factory. It's not like a Luxury vehicle.

It's about the best you're going to do with an aftermarket exhaust that doesn't make your ears bleed on the highway. I wouldn't even go with the Ford Performance Sport version as I think it would be too loud for most people during regular use.

So I have the Borla S-Type and all I can tell you is I personally think it's "loud" in the cab over 70 mph. With that said, Borla says that's not drone. They claim it's the turbo spool through the X pipe at high speeds. This is all subjective and people call this in cab noise different things. If you don't mind the louder noise in the cab then go x pipe. If you want to maintain a more quiet experience you need the resonator.

I do a lot of highway driving. Speed limit is 75mph so I am normally cruising over 80mph. I personally want something more quiet than the Borla. I like the way it sounds around town, just not at highway speed or going up the mountian @ WOT.