Contest: Show off your DIY skills - Round 3!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juiced4ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok well I guess I will dive into DIY thread. I built this bed cage over the last month or so. Got a bunch of Tubing from a friend, turned out to be DOM was pretty stoked on that. With some help of my Brother in Law as he is the one with the bender I got to welding.

Attachments

• IMG_3061.jpg
    IMG_3061.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3067.jpg
    IMG_3067.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 114

Juiced4ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rack started to take shape pretty quick. Only messed up one bend. Had to change the back end of it as i did not give myself enough clearance for tailgate.

Attachments

• IMG_3063.jpg
    IMG_3063.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3074.jpg
    IMG_3074.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 97

Juiced4ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Built some custom feet for the rack that connect it to the truck bed bolts. So you pull 4 pins and everything comes right out, leaving the feet in place. Keeps my truck bed usable. Also I wanted to use two point MAC straps and not the more expensive 3 points, so having support bars on the rack was crucial.

After a slight delay in the build my jack skid and mount finally arrived from C4 Fabrications. So time to bust out the miller welder again!

Attachments

• IMG_3076.jpg
    IMG_3076.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3333.jpg
    IMG_3333.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 107

Juiced4ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the tie down points for the tires as well as cooler and action packer from Ruff Stuff. Great tabs that are super strong and I think gives the rack a unique look, that's different from everything else out there as they are triangular. While I was cruising the old inter-web for those I came across the beer gussets from Chassis Unlimited. Order those up right away. It didn't need gussets for strength but its a cool addition to be able to pop a frosty beverage! Lastly the end caps for all the tubing came from A&A manufacturing. Great people at all shops super easy to deal with and awesome products.

So welded those on, busted out the grinder to clean it up.

Attachments

• IMG_3369.jpg
    IMG_3369.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3368.jpg
    IMG_3368.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 106

Juiced4ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And Finally the finished product! The rack works flawlessly. Just ran it on the Ghosttown PreRun last week and everything was perfect. It hold a cooler and my action packer full of tools between tires and tail gate. Also holds 2 fuel/water 5 gallon cans behind the jack. Basically pull a tire out and slide the fuel/water cans in and tie down, then put tire back. I think it came out well. All in all very happy with it, but I guess you all are the true judges!

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3367.jpg
    IMG_3367.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.