Conner are you taking suggestions for trips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now, back to the topic at hand...

Some people on the runs get upset when a tree branch scratches the surface of the clearcoat... others plow through trees (are you reading this Rick?) and don't give a shit! haha

Actually, yes :rofl:

Now that I have caught up with the thread. Frame Bending again? Christ. At this point I am sure BlueSTI regrets even being involved with that thread. He's proven himself to be a valuable asset in the Raptor Runs. As for rock climbing? I'll toss in my two cents. **** that. It is slow and boring. I can do that here in TN or Texas. I don't fly out to Cali to drive 5mph in my Raptor.

Future Runs:
Winter Run again since I missed last years. I want to see some snow damnit! Two winters have passed and I haven't had a Raptor in the snow. Bah.
Beginning of December Run benefiting Toys For Tots.
SEMA Run: Hell ya!
Mexico Run: Off grid, unofficial run where Wayne & Joey has to go :D I would be more than happy to contribute to covering their wages for the trip since it would be an unofficial run. I know full well I am not a mechanic. I'm sure we'll need one. (For those that don't know...the event insurance doesn't cover Mexico...hence "Unofficial"."

For the record: **** the trees. They were in my way. So let them be firewood or furniture. 5 of them in the past 3 runs taken out. That doesn't include the ones I almost hit or bounced off of or almost hit. Someday I'll learn to drive.

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not even on SVTO, so no idea what you're talking about. Glad to see you can't drop a topic that was argued about almost a year ago... Everybody else has move on, but you're welcome to your opinion, and apparent anger for me posting about the frame issues.

Again, sorry you didn't like what I posted, I don't regret anything and have gained a tremendous amount of experience from it.

Ha ha ha, even I have moved on from this!!! and If I can not yell at you anymore than it has to be old news!!! ha ha ha

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, yes :rofl:

Rick, I just read your post to my wife this morning and she was laughing so hard...

Your Quote" For the record: **** the trees. They were in my way. So let them be firewood or furniture. 5 of them in the past 3 runs taken out. That doesn't include the ones I almost hit or bounced off of or almost hit. Someday I'll learn to drive."

She really enjoyed listening to you on the radio during the LandRush 1000. "This is Raptor #1 I just took out another tree! or This is Raptor #1 I just got another flat. She said the funniest part was how calm you were over the radio and the one that she couldn't believe was This is Raptor #1 I have fluid pouring out of my front Diff and it appears to be broken and cracked."

Anyone else on the trip would have been so upset and it would have come across the radio much different. It was a pleasure to spend the two days with you!

Do you miss your Raptor? I was driving by Outlaw the other day and saw your truck displayed on the lawn in front.

5150-1.jpg

5148.jpg

5146.jpg

5184.jpg

5195.jpg

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rick, I just read your post to my wife this morning and she was laughing so hard...

Your Quote" For the record: **** the trees. They were in my way. So let them be firewood or furniture. 5 of them in the past 3 runs taken out. That doesn't include the ones I almost hit or bounced off of or almost hit. Someday I'll learn to drive."

She really enjoyed listening to you on the radio during the LandRush 1000. "This is Raptor #1 I just took out another tree! or This is Raptor #1 I just got another flat. She said the funniest part was how calm you were over the radio and the one that she couldn't believe was This is Raptor #1 I have fluid pouring out of my front Diff and it appears to be broken and cracked."

Anyone else on the trip would have been so upset and it would have come across the radio much different. It was a pleasure to spend the two days with you!

Do you miss your Raptor? I was driving by Outlaw the other day and saw your truck displayed on the lawn in front.

Yes I miss my Raptor. She cleans up well! At the same time, I am finishing up my Rescue and Wreck Cert check out dives with the down time this month. Also getting some landscaping done in the yard that I've been putting off for the past few months.

As for being upset...it is routine. Doesn't matter if it is road course or desert running. Drive hard (or not know what you are doing), shit breaks. No point in getting all pissed off about it. I will admit to getting pretty depressed after smashing the front diff and thinking that I was going to sell the truck :ROFLJest: Life is better now that I have tunes in the truck! No time for self pity.

Great meeting and hope to see ya'all on a future run! Great pictures btw. Going to steal them and put them on my Facebook.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If a stock Rubicon can do it so can a Raptor. Capability the Raptor is hard to match even in the slow rocky stuff but yes I will agree the size of the truck is its biggest downfall. Personally I have not found anything a Raptor cannot do, its always been a question of can it fit without loosing a fender or mirror(they are really ******* expensive).

Can a Raptor run the Rubicon? Of course it can.

Will a Raptor run the entire Rubicon without being broken? Possibly.

Will a Raptor run the entire Rubicon without smashing up expensive vulnerable parts? Highly unlikely.

It's not just about the width of the extra wide Raptor (although that's a big issue with a lot of off road trails). The Raptor doesn't have the ground clearance you'd want for rocky trails. And the Raptor has another rarely mentioned issue: rear overhang which is way more than you want for rocky off roading. While we're talking about rear overhang let's also not forget to mention the poor breakover the Raptor provides due to the long wheelbase.

Yes, the Raptor is an incredible truck capable of doing many things really really well. But rock crawling on challenging terrain like that is not something that will go well.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That looks like a good trip. I would love to put sorting together to make this happen. If R.E. was to make this possible who would be in.....:waytogo:

I'd be interested in a mini type R.E. run/day...especially on a trip like this:

Dogskin hills and 7 Lakes trip report

It's a single day trip, maybe have a full weekend, with two outings, one per day, because people can camp or get a hotel in Reno, cheap.

Keep in mind on all the Runs and Rallies R.E. puts on their is a ton of support that goes with it. (Chase truck with full mobile shop and trailer 6-10 paid staff, stock parts that range from axles, tires, hubs, cv, drive shafts, power steering racks and pumps and not to mention I always like to pre run the entire course for safety reasons and also if any one has a major problem I like know a quick exit plan.) So this would be quite an under taking. We also have to check the trails are open and not owned by the BLM. The other option is no chase truck and trailer. We would still bring 2 RSV Raptors, mechanics, parts we could fit. The decision of the prizes would also have to be made. I just wanted to put these questions out their. Personally the entire R.E. crew would love to start covering some new ground. So let me know your thought guys.

For a day type trip, and not high speed stuff, I think a minimal type support team would be needed, like you mentioned above. I know i'm going to be joining the Reno4x4 guys on some of there trips, and will report back. I'm also going to go check out some stuff with Nv Guy, pre-run some stuff and then try to put together a meet and greet with the NorCal Raptors..and who ever else wants to make it out.

The Reno trip i post above looks like its a good mix of some high speed stuff and some tech stuff, and then just some trail stuff...so we'll see, but i would be interested in an R.E. sponsored event in Northern NV. Especially maybe in the fall/winter, get SPRSNK some snow.

Raptor Expeditions

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd be interested in a mini type R.E. run/day...especially on a trip like this:

Dogskin hills and 7 Lakes trip report

It's a single day trip, maybe have a full weekend, with two outings, one per day, because people can camp or get a hotel in Reno, cheap.

For a day type trip, and not high speed stuff, I think a minimal type support team would be needed, like you mentioned above. I know i'm going to be joining the Reno4x4 guys on some of there trips, and will report back. I'm also going to go check out some stuff with Nv Guy, pre-run some stuff and then try to put together a meet and greet with the NorCal Raptors..and who ever else wants to make it out.

The Reno trip i post above looks like its a good mix of some high speed stuff and some tech stuff, and then just some trail stuff...so we'll see, but i would be interested in an R.E. sponsored event in Northern NV. Especially maybe in the fall/winter, get SPRSNK some snow.

"get SPRSNK some snow." I'll stay home JK....:waytogo: Please keep me informed on you pre runs so we can possibly put something together. The RE Run, Rally dates are up on the RE site but depending on how many people would join us I'll be up for a trip like that. Snow Ya.....

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

Just as long as their are no water mains..........:hitit:

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"get SPRSNK some snow." I'll stay home JK....:waytogo: Please keep me informed on you pre runs so we can possibly put something together. The RE Run, Rally dates are up on the RE site but depending on how many people would join us I'll be up for a trip like that. Snow Ya.....

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

Just as long as their are no water mains..........:hitit:

Will do on keeping you updated, going up June 9th to scout it out, wait for a report.

I think us NorCal'ers can do some Raptor roundups, but maybe a cool two day R.E. event could be fun too, especially in the snow! :)