Commuter Car?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drive 100mi or 150mi each day (depending on what plant I'm going to) over some of the worst roads in the nation. The Raptor is the best daily I've ever had.
Exactly.

Drive it, unless your end game is to walk away with equity, which is a dumb game with a liability as soon as you drive it off the lot.

I am most likely looking at a new engine for my RAPTOR and then I will have another roughly 170-200k on the same chassis. The RAPTOR does everything stylishly and way more.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I 95% of the time commute in the Raptor, I drive to inner city Houston and some of the roads really are to rough to maintain even a 30-35 mph speed limit in a car. So nice to pass everyone at whatever speed I want.

When I take the car, its cringing and maneuvering around pot holes and other sketchy irregularities.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are no gas friendly fun cars. Don't entertain op lol.

Comfortable and reliable is what you meant, and that is Toyota/Lexus/Honda. Aight, you're welcome.

Do not show up here with anything German, unless it’s a Porsche.
Japanese “reliability” is a farce. Honda can’t even keep head gaskets on their junk, never mind the 9 and 10 speed transmission failures and direct injection issues.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Im not throwing in my chips on these new turbo/hybrid toyotas and hondas. The 4.0 v6 in the 4runner was a dog, but at least that one was reliable. Id rather have a V6 accord.

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d love to daily the Raptor… it’s just a factor of it being to big for me to fit… i just can’t get it in….

And the Raptor doesn’t fit in the parking garage very well either.

Giggity

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went down this rabbit hole recently. I like having a small commuter for city driving and commuting. It never pencils out financially unless you buy a beater Prius and drive a lot.
This. I've run the numbers. Not even a $10k Nissan Leaf(plus 8.4% sales tax on the full $36k list price) back when they were giving them away worked out for my mileage. A friend actually pulled the trigger on a VW Rabbit to keep miles off his diesel Ram. He failed financially. At least he had the sense to track his expenses. Insurance and maintenance eats you up. Given that you keep the Raptor, probably cheapest to drive it and enjoy it.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Miles do not impact the longevity of the Raptor. Sitting (outside especially) without driving it WILL negatively impact the longevity of many of the moving and electronic components. Raptors tend to hold their value well over time regardless of mileage. Well, without the idiotic scams associated with government tyranny.

Just drive it because it certainly doesn’t gain any longevity or value just sitting there. I do understand the parking space… but Raptor, just park on top of stuff.