Commuter Car?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I learned a hard lesson about being without Raptor privilege. My wife’s Lincoln rides on 21’s. We were traversing a construction zone and I potholed the left front wheel. It’s shagged. She JUST bought tires...
We would have roll right over that crater in the Raptor. Oh, and those 21’s retail for six fiddy! I found a used one for the bargain low price of $400... Ouch.

Get a commuter Raptor.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I ride an Africa Twin.
I heard that’s a lot of fun… Twice the fun if you can find the other. The bike is gutless though. I ride Superbikes for their great gas mileage… My beater bike is an old ‘21 Ducati V4SP. It only has 220 hp with a tick over 200 at the wheel. It’s a heavy **** at a 410lbs full of gas ready to rocket… er’ ride though.

I also have a Prius to keep the neighborhood idiots guessing. The wife actually drives it occasionally to show we’re “green” to draw attention away from my fleet of 3 Ford Performance turbocharged vehicles and 5 crotch rockets.

I just say fugg it with the 6.8 V10 in the Winnebago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
isis

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard that’s a lot of fun… Twice the fun if you can find the other. The bike is gutless though. I ride Superbikes for their great gas mileage… My beater bike is an old ‘21 Ducati V4SP. It only has 220 hp with a tick over 200 at the wheel. It’s a heavy **** at a 410lbs full of gas ready to rocket… er’ ride though.

I also have a Prius to keep the neighborhood idiots guessing. The wife actually drives it occasionally to show we’re “green” to draw attention away from my fleet of 3 Ford Performance turbocharged vehicles and 5 crotch rockets.

I just say fugg it with the 6.8 V10 in the Winnebago.
Gutless?

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just drive the raptor, or buy a Range Rover. :cool: I have to commute with my raptor through inner city Houston and it’s amazing. Roads are very rough and the Raptor eats it up.

Azurebeast

Reaction score
I do heavy commuting. Bought a corolla loved it. Sporty little thing 37mpg. I would laugh at the pump $16 fill up. But the first PA snow storm and I was like I’m gonna die in this car. So I got a awd Highlander. Not a beater by any means as I go overboard with everything I purchase. Great SUV. 27MPG and it looks great as well. And it’s a Toyota. Considered a Subaru but ain’t dropping $2800 when the car hits 100k miles for a head gasket.

OP
OP
isis

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Subaru head gasket thing hasn’t been real for a decade now but they are just overpriced and nowhere near as reliable as they used to be. And everybody has a boring awd car now so they aren’t unique either.

ELmx479

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife got a new job much further away with a small parking lot. Found a 2018 Edge Sport at a local dealer as a 1 owner trade with full history.

I forgot how nice these things are. Handles like it’s on rails, double the highway fuel economy of the Raptor, and all the technology aside from a 360 camera. And the 2.7 is a little beast in power.

View attachment 451751
We have an edge sport as well. Not a bad vehicle for the money