Coming back to Gen1 with a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to jump back in and grab a lower mileage Gen1...I miss it. Never really loved my Gen2 and sold it after a year. I’ve found a few that I like, two of which are Roush with about 50k on the clock. Any hesitation in buying a 7 year old supercharged truck? For whatever reason it doesn’t sit well with me, and I guess I’d probably prefer stock but I figured I’d ask. Thanks

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently sold a 2014 Roush with roughly 63k on the clock (I was the third owner). No issues what so ever. I also had a Gen 2 and I can relate to your feelings about that truck. Good luck man, I have came across a handful of low mile Gen 1s in my new search. Mainly searching Auto Trader and Craigslist.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really depends on WHO owned it and how they cared for it.I bought my 2014 Shelby with Whipple SC with 51,000 from a "older" guy who was **** about it,never took off road,and used as daily driver to his company.It was mint,have 63,000 on it now and its been trouble free (except for a mouse deciding to chew an injection wire)....runs like a new truck.....
You can usually see if the truck was abused,doesnt have maintenance records,or the guy is sketchy....AND,most improtant,any one you find and like,take it to an independent repair shop and get a PPI .... way better than the 10 or 20 point inspection they have some kid do at Ford.
I had one done on mine,cost around $100...and it came back 99% out of 100.....I wrote the check the next day...LOL!!
Take your time (I spent 6 months)....and dont settle for someone else's headaches.... :)
Happy Hunting..!!

OP
OP
KODIAK

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really depends on WHO owned it and how they cared for it.I bought my 2014 Shelby with Whipple SC with 51,000 from a "older" guy who was **** about it,never took off road,and used as daily driver to his company.It was mint,have 63,000 on it now and its been trouble free (except for a mouse deciding to chew an injection wire)....runs like a new truck.....
You can usually see if the truck was abused,doesnt have maintenance records,or the guy is sketchy....AND,most improtant,any one you find and like,take it to an independent repair shop and get a PPI .... way better than the 10 or 20 point inspection they have some kid do at Ford.
I had one done on mine,cost around $100...and it came back 99% out of 100.....I wrote the check the next day...LOL!!
Take your time (I spent 6 months)....and dont settle for someone else's headaches.... :)
Happy Hunting..!!

Nice. Yep I never should have gotten rid of my Gen1. Best truck I had, almost 100k when I got rid of it with literally not a single issue. I’m in the rust belt, so debating on shipping a southern truck up here if I can find the right one, it doesn’t seem like a lot of guys crawled under and wire wheeled the rust off each year and covered with POR15 like I did. Sucks.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there man!

Had a Gen 2, went to a Gen 1, still have it and just love that truck. That 6.2 is just special.

As others have said 50k miles doesn't seem too bad, plus with having the Roush SC, it's a setup that wouldn't frighten me. As long as it was a dealer installed item (I have a hard time trusting the "tuners" in my area), id also do a thorough inspection and got the trucks service history.

Good luck in your search!

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Yep I never should have gotten rid of my Gen1. Best truck I had, almost 100k when I got rid of it with literally not a single issue. I’m in the rust belt, so debating on shipping a southern truck up here if I can find the right one, it doesn’t seem like a lot of guys crawled under and wire wheeled the rust off each year and covered with POR15 like I did. Sucks.

Saw a guy with his whole cab corner rusted open. Made me cry. Mine is bubbling. I’m the third owner by way of SD and MO, guess it was inevitable.

Do the next guy a solid if you’re in the rust belt and keep it clean if you plan on selling in the future.

OP
OP
KODIAK

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw a guy with his whole cab corner rusted open. Made me cry. Mine is bubbling. I’m the third owner by way of SD and MO, guess it was inevitable.

Do the next guy a solid if you’re in the rust belt and keep it clean if you plan on selling in the future.

I am **** and do it on every vehicle Ive had. Twice a year with POR15 and the wire wheel.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want a supercharger on your 6.2l buying a truck that already has one makes a lot of sense. You can usually have the supercharged truck for a lot less than the cost of buying one and doing it yourself. Check for signs of rust, make sure there aren't any marks between the bed and cab from it being jumped to hard and strike a deal.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You said it...BEST DAMN TRUCK I ever owned....still grin ear to ear just looking at it,and have to wear a bib when driving cause I drool all over when I hit that SC..!!
Like some have said,I'd stay away from one done in a backyard...not that there are not good mechanics out there,but personally I wouldnt....mine was sent right to Shelby in Vegas as new and they did all the upgrades.
I had mine shipped also....yeah,craziest thing I ever did...bought a vehicle and never drove it....but totally trusted seller,and he did drive it to a shop I picked to get the PPI done....it arrived on transport 2 weeks later and I was blown away...100% BETTER than even expected....and the guy had just put on new set of tires ($1300)..AND had it totally detailed for me...!
SO....if you do decide to get one shipped,PM me and I'll give you guys I used.......family owned,and so much better than these big clearing houses who will have 50 guys a day calling you....these guys were top notch and you got to talk to actual owners....! Prices were fair..I had quotes from Colorado to WA. in the $750-$1800 range and they did it for $900......and dont let them BS you...Raptor doesnt need wider truck,anything special...or to be enclosed,unless you want...all the BS they gave me till I found honest guys..!
Good Luck......6.2 Rules