Color vs Price vs options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Rob

Reaction score
Hello all - Prospective buyer Here . I have a few Questions that May sound Stupid, but I'm going to ask anyway. I'm looking at a few different Raptors and I'm wondering about resale Value vs Color and it's effects in Certain areas and also as a whole "across the whole Country"

The Inventory Out here on the Left Coast is Mostly made up of Silver, White and Black. I found a Ruby Red Se for MSRP not a Penny Lower. MSRP 59,300

A Blue Flame for MSRP of 58,300 not a Penny Lower

I found a White One and Silver One for 3k less then MSRP 56,300 sale price 53,100

Now I realize these are not identically equipped, mostly graphics package and bead locks is the difference.

Now here's the question. 2 Years from now say I go to trade in Will they say White, Silver and even Black are more common Colors They're harder to sell?
vs Blue Flame or Race Red? I know I can't use the SE Ruby Red as a comparison because it's a special edition.

Or is it a straight drop across the board?

I guess I'm trying to justify paying 6-7 K for a Color I want and some special graphics and wheels. However if at time of the trade I got the 6-7 k back over lets say the price of a White one that originally was 7k cheaper then it would be worth it.

Thanks for any and all input. Damn I actually confused myself. Hope someone can make sense of my question.

Last edited:

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look at the manheim auto auction.

My 2013 white 801a is going for 48k. Just buy what you want. You'll make it up in a year.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Hello all - Prospective buyer Here .

Just buy one. What the hell makes you think you won't want it a few years from now, Mad Max Thunder Dome syndrome? HAHaaaa.

Resale is outstanding on these. As said, buy what you want. I know of one local here that had a black 2011 screw with 100,000 miles on it. He traded it in on a 2014. I think he paid around $48,000 and got like $40,000 trade in? And let me tell you, it was used! AHhaaaaaa. Sorry Steve!

BDRAG

D

Deleted member 12951

I'd buy the white one. And I wouldn't be getting rid of it in 2 years either.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Buy the Ruby Red, it's a gorgeous color and the SE package is nice. Plus they only made it in 14. Not saying that it will actually hold its value better, but these things are holding their value incredibly anyway. I bet we can still get what we paid for Night Raptor if we sold it. 46 for a 12 SCrew

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get whatever you color you like the most. you are going to be starting at it every day. In the end the price and resale probably won't make much difference.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Color and options are so subjective on vehicles, depending on what a potential future buyer will want. IMO, black and white will always have the most interest. Then silver. With the terrain, reds, and blue following.

The most important factor in resale with the Raptor, will be SCREW vs SCAB, its condition/maintenance, and the environment it was subjected to. The options and packages will be less significant, because there will be a buyer out there, who will pay just as much for a 800a Raptor as another buyer would for a 801a Raptor...or a buyer who will pay as much for a non-moonroof as another buyer would pay for one with a moonroof. People will want a "Raptor" and won't mind which factory wheels, graphics package, or tail-gate option it has.

Visit the lots and look all the Raptors over, and then go home. Whichever Raptor you find yourself thinking most about that night or the next morning, go get that one. And let the future work itself out.

Last edited: