Color matched or matte black fender flares?

For a race red raptor, which color do you prefer on fender flares?

• Color matched race red

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Matte black

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • The stock grey

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boefadeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks fantastic.

What a coincidence, I was thinking about line-X the other day.

I have a question, do they look "very" black to the naked eye? Do not get me wrong, they look black, but the photography may not show the real color. For instance, the stock side step is black to the naked eye, but in pictures it may appear as black to grey. Hopefully you will understand what I mean.

I had the running boards re-covered so the colors would match, so what you're seeing in the photo is pretty close to how it looks naturally (they have a little more gloss than the photos capture). If I'm not mistaken, they can color-match Line-X now so you should be able to get whatever color you're looking for nailed down.

OP
OP
Fellow

Fellow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the running boards re-covered so the colors would match, so what you're seeing in the photo is pretty close to how it looks naturally (they have a little more gloss than the photos capture). If I'm not mistaken, they can color-match Line-X now so you should be able to get whatever color you're looking for nailed down.

Thanks for your inputs!

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Different angles/light

The line-x goes well with the ruby red.

I wish I see a picture for the race red with Line-x'd fender flares before I pull the trigger.

OP
OP
Fellow

Fellow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this moment the poll results are:

Color matched race red: 6
Matte black: 10
The stock grey: 6

I thought no one would pick the stock grey. I am not sure why some people like it?!!!

Jay9722

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have to ask how difficult this was. Did it require removing the fender flares and the bumpers? On the bumpers did they have to remove the plastic trim first? Does everything go back together easily? How much did it cost? Sorry for all the questions but I have been considering this. Looks good.

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to ask how difficult this was. Did it require removing the fender flares and the bumpers? On the bumpers did they have to remove the plastic trim first? Does everything go back together easily? How much did it cost? Sorry for all the questions but I have been considering this. Looks good.
I second these questions ? Patiently awaiting reply.