Cobb Accessport Shuts Off While Driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

under_psi

Reaction score
I searched a few threads, but came up empty….

I am having an issue with a Cobb access port shutting off while driving. It is set to auto on/off and has a been double checked. Both cable end connections have been checked as well and all connections are solid..

I have been dealing with the Cobb tech team and they have been great so far. They sent me a brand new AP and I put it in yesterday.

I am still experiencing the same issues as before. The AP shuts off automatically and as before, sometimes comes back on and sometimes not.

There is no consistent time when it does it. Sometimes it shuts off within 1-2 minutes, sometimes it takes longer.

Could there be an issue with something in the OBDII port? The can/bus style electronics always drive me nuts as it is with how the truck powers down with different steps……door open when turned off, no worries…..door closed when turned off, my dash cam wont record, because it seems like it shuts the master power off faster…..that last part has me so confused…

any input would be great.

OP
OP
under_psi

under_psi

Reaction score
Ok…to further try and self analyze this…

i have a BlueDriver obdII scanner as well that i keep in my wife’s 4Runner. I unhooked the AP and plugged the blue driver module in…on the raptor, i have to connect to the app every time i turn the truck on (not o the 4R) and i choose a few live values it offers to monitor. Watching the coolant Temp, rpm, speed, etc, the values all spike waaay up here and there…like 6500 rpm while at a traffic light stopped….coolant too. Way up…and that’s just a fraction of the graph…its like a glitch or error reading…does it on all monitored parameters…intake temp….et al.

well, while driving, it too will shut the app down and the blue driver will lose power. It will come back on just like the Cobb AP does, but it makes me wonder if there is an issue with the OBDII port itself…

Anyone?

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok…to further try and self analyze this…

i have a BlueDriver obdII scanner as well that i keep in my wife’s 4Runner. I unhooked the AP and plugged the blue driver module in…on the raptor, i have to connect to the app every time i turn the truck on (not o the 4R) and i choose a few live values it offers to monitor. Watching the coolant Temp, rpm, speed, etc, the values all spike waaay up here and there…like 6500 rpm while at a traffic light stopped….coolant too. Way up…and that’s just a fraction of the graph…its like a glitch or error reading…does it on all monitored parameters…intake temp….et al.

well, while driving, it too will shut the app down and the blue driver will lose power. It will come back on just like the Cobb AP does, but it makes me wonder if there is an issue with the OBDII port itself…

Anyone?
Mine (COBB) does the exact same thing.

OP
OP
under_psi

under_psi

Reaction score
Mine (COBB) does the exact same thing.
Is yours a stock Cobb AP? Mine is a goosetuned version…..i can say that the tunes work flawlessly and the truck is a beast….i just like to keep mine in the vehicle….and it has interrupted me running catalogs a good bit.

Thanks for the reply.

I am currently trying to see if i need to uninstall it all and take it to the dealer. I just rolled 30k on mine this am….there are a couple TSBs that need attention as well as a couple small warrant issues that i waneed to have checKid out.

OP
OP
under_psi

under_psi

Reaction score
Wanted to bump in case anyone else has the issue and can add, or missed it and cares….who knows.

the AP is still shutting off…seems more frequently, and also sooner after igntion is on and the truck is running…..it cuts off within 30sec almost every time i start driving…

To add to this, here is a pic from saturday and Monday. both pics were taken HOURS after the truck was turned off and sitting.

The AP is till trying to connect, it‘s set to auto off and on.

Both times this weekend and Monday it killed the battery.

I did not lock the truck, and had left the fob in the truck, as i was at home for most of the day on both occations.

Is there something i am not getting on this truck, and why it does it? I have a FR/RR dash camera that is set for constant 12v for parked recording, and if i push the stop button and then open the door, the camera almost immediately says ”powering down”. If i open the door and push the engine stop, it will usually* stay on…….but if i open the back door to get anything out, it will power down as well.

There must be some sequence i dont understand or something else is wonky…..

any thoughts would be appreciated. I am planning to take the truck to the dealer for a couple tsb/recall issues.

D4FFB14C-EE5B-44F3-AE36-591113287B9C.jpeg1F69D4E9-E730-4A41-8FE5-30BFDFE25653.jpeg

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't leave mine in my truck so I don't know , but when I was data logging it was rebooting for no reason

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is goosetuned and shuts off with the vehicle. I do have to hit the button on top to turn it on after starting the truck but it stays on.

OP
OP
under_psi

under_psi

Reaction score
Well. At least i know now that it isn’t just me. Mine reboots all the time. Sometimes takes 2-3 min of driving to come on. Etc..

thanks.