Clean running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This works great on mine . 7 dollars a can at my local ps detail shop

89D1A291-0881-4D42-BA4A-41662BC242DA.jpeg

D5205AFD-2BE5-4956-BCE0-D8ED4A1CBB95.jpeg

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine steam cleaned (they were dirty Greyish color new when I took delivery), and then had them ceramic coated. I believe they used a sprayer to apply the ceramic coating, it’s been almost a year and they still look deep, dark black color. Not slippery either.
On my Gen1, I use this and worked for a month or so before reapplying

https://www.chemicalguys.com/black-on-black-instant-shine/AIR_SPRAY_1.html

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had mine steam cleaned (they were dirty Greyish color new when I took delivery), and then had them ceramic coated. I believe they used a sprayer to apply the ceramic coating, it’s been almost a year and they still look deep, dark black color. Not slippery either.
On my Gen1, I use this and worked for a month or so before reapplying

https://www.chemicalguys.com/black-on-black-instant-shine/AIR_SPRAY_1.html

Interesting. Well my truck is grey. Maybe they will soon turn to March the truck LOL. In the worst case you can redo the boards by having them Linexed.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shine Supply Classy Chassis works great. The running boards will be black and stay that way for a few months... even after washing them or them getting wet.

So far the only time I've noticed them lose the blackish color is from dust going off-road.
Another Shine Supply user...high five! I also use Decked Out, Trim Shield or Trim Shine on mine as well. But not at the same time of course. I just vary what's on them.