Chipwerke for 2017 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know how they have it set up....

But I do know a few universal truths... the chipwerke hijacks the frequencies from the truck.... and sends an altered one that tricks the truck into something else.

Mainly In the case of boost it is manipulating the operation of the waste gate and such to ultimately augment boost.

What I also know is that the raptor can not tolerate that much augmentation of boost without addressing Anything else like A/F and spark. Further... the most you can push it is to around 20 with everyrthing tuned. With just a boost piggyback you can’t go more than 2-2.5lbs...

If the chipwerke is generic and works on regular ecoboost id be mildly concerned... because historically they augment by 5PSI... if they are augmenting your stock raptor that much.... I’d be very concerned.

I have no idea if that is the case but just keep it in mind.

correction:

On 3:1, after driving for about 150 miles @ 80 with adaptive cruise engaged, I got all of the wrenches and CELs. Torque vectoring error message, even though i was in 2wd.

I pulled over and rolled it back to e-1 and havent had an issue with wrenches since, but the truck is now way more jerky when rolling on the throttle, regardless of what I have the pedal commander set to.

I'm most likely going to move to livernois or mpt once i get a couple thousand more miles on the truck.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I don’t know how they have it set up....

But I do know a few universal truths... the chipwerke hijacks the frequencies from the truck.... and sends an altered one that tricks the truck into something else.

Mainly In the case of boost it is manipulating the operation of the waste gate and such to ultimately augment boost.

What I also know is that the raptor can not tolerate that much augmentation of boost without addressing Anything else like A/F and spark. Further... the most you can push it is to around 20 with everyrthing tuned. With just a boost piggyback you can’t go more than 2-2.5lbs...

If the chipwerke is generic and works on regular ecoboost id be mildly concerned... because historically they augment by 5PSI... if they are augmenting your stock raptor that much.... I’d be very concerned.

I have no idea if that is the case but just keep it in mind.

is your hobby getting really high and responding to forums? I feel like I'd need to be stoned to understand whatever it was that you just said.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just trying to help.

It’s a similar thing that JMS has to address in their module on the raptor vs the regular ecoboost when they were redesigning their module

QUOTE=zombiekiller;1227333]is your hobby getting really high and responding to forums? I feel like I'd need to be stoned to understand whatever it was that you just said.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've been running the Chipwerke on E-1 setting as suggested by Chipwerke for several weeks. I can confirm that all of the symptoms I was getting previously with bucking, shifts, and power drop outs are gone. Its definitely not running as hot as the 2-1 I was originally running. I know there's more power, i just don't know how much. On 2-1 it was plainly obvious it was running much more boost but the truck didn't like it. I've been told Chipwerke has a Raptor to do dyno testing with in the new year so I'm looking forward to feedback.

I hope they can get the power back to what the 2-1 setting provided with some changes and flashing of the module.

We'll see.

I will say, that bang for the buck, I still think its worth the money. There's not much you can do to your truck at this price point to get enough extra HP to feel the difference.

OP
OP
M

mikeyj67

Reaction score
I am getting the feeling that Vitalin is wiping their hands of this and with all who purchased. They were sure good at taking our $$$ :mad:

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just pulled mine off

I just got an engine fault with the truck bucking like crazy. I removed the chipnotwerke. I then went for a drive and it seems like everything is ok. I plan to leave it off and not re-install. It was a fun little experiment but not worth the risk I suppose.

Tuckgt

Reaction score
UPDATE:

1-1, 2-1, and 3-1 settings are for the F150 Ecoboost ONLY.

Raptors should be on D-1 (for 91 oct) or E-1 (for 93 oct).

From the logs we have been given, and the limited information provided on them, its impossible to pinpoint where the issues lie. WOT logs, cruising, cruise control, etc. I see timing spike and boost drop in the middle of every pull, with Chipwerke and without Chipwerke.

I am attempting to track down a Raptor to see if I can experience the problems you guys are having.

Well PC, did you get a raptor tested? Please share dyno's and experiences.

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well PC, did you get a raptor tested? Please share dyno's and experiences.

Yes, they did, we will let you know what we come up with once I have a chance to get it on the dyno and their tech team and I can connect. I will start a new post because this is just a mess (the new one will likely become one too) once we have the numbers and everything is ready to go. This will likely happen the first week of February.

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to be tagged to the new post. I had one and was able to send it back for a refund. My truck was bucking and I was afraid it was going to do bad things to the tranny.