Chipwerke for 2017 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Okay folks, the time has come. We have the Pedal Commanders and Chipwerke at the lowest cost we have ever offered these. The Black Friday Sale is good till Sunday 11/26/17 till midnight Pacific time. Get both for an awesome deal, you will not be disappointed.

Go to: https://www.freedommotorsports.us/c-1183821-performance-engine-drivetrain-computer-chip-programmer-performance-module-pedal-commander.html

Use code PCFRFBLACKFRIDAY and just take a look at what this sale is all about. Get them while they last!

Happy Thanksgiving!

F157168075

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
City isn't enough to spin them I don't think. I haven't ever spun noticeabley. I've readthat on race or whatever the top setting is people get wheel spin with TC off. Ive never tried.

The PC makes a huge pedal difference.

I notice the power the most before 4k. I always felt that the truck was underwhelming until the boost kicked in. On 2-1 at least it really feels like it pulls harder. That said I feel a noticeable difference.

I had a little of the wot bucking on my way home at 50-60 again. So I dont know what that is yet. Don't think I'm ready to regap the plugs.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Ok. I lied. Im out cruising around. With PC off, TC on, I was getting chirping (4-6)in 2H as the TC worked to stop wheel spin.

The iPhone 0-60 app gave it a 5.3 even with the spin.

With the PC off I haven't experienced any of the bucking. I'm stumped. If I could recreate the bucking I'd get a video of it. I dont know what it is.

I'm not even that concerned with how fast off the line it is. I just dont like the bucking.

freddyfcs

Reaction score
I just installed mine and had a quick run to the supermarket..I left on factory sertings and started with sport and tc/on..it kills around around 4K and it looks like when the turbos start to engage the truck tries to kill it to prevent wheel spin..sport t/c off it’s crazy ..i drove it manual and it increase rpm so fast that I forgot to upshift and it cut off ...lol...
Even in Baja mode I’ve got the strange feeling of the t/c on..
Keep in mind I have an 18 and full tank of 93 and no pedal commander yet.
My opinion in 15 minutes of drive is that definitely something is going on here and the truck is fast and he turbos have more boost but it’s missing something and I don’t know what it is.

slashrules

Reaction score
Definitely do not like how it bucks and jerks, and at times feels like there is no power or boost under full acceleration. I think this needs more attention from chipwerke since they did not test initially on a Raptor. Nice in theory that it should not void warranty, but if you toast a piston or turbo and they start reading funky values from the computer who is to say what Ford will do.

Last edited:

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems to be happening less to me. Hoping it's a learning thing. But I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels it. After 30 minutes of driving it around hard tonight I couldn't reproduce the bucking but I do have the cluster on video where one hit the rpm dropped 500 rpm when I hit the gas and then started climbing. Rpm dropped while the boost started climbing. It was strange.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With either the Chipwerke installed or removed the boost gauge usually shows a retardation of boost as the engine approaches redline. This is with TC and AH off or on, 2A or 4A. It must be coordination between the tranny and engine to keep torque during ***** to a durable level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that last night while recording the cluster. As you reach readline the boost drops down to about 15psi. But the bigger question is some of the inconsistent changes after the chipwerke is installed. most of the time its awesome, but sometimes it just acts funny.

herky jerky power, drops in rpm right at the WOT hit, boost drop out for no apparent reason.

For the money spent, its really an amazing amount of power, but its got some quirks.