Chipwerke for 2017 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my PC for several days now and absolutely love it. However, I installed the Chipwerke today and took it out for a spin. First thing I noticed was the hesitation and the fact that my PC was no longer instantly responsive as before. I drove for 15 minutes or so very moderately, and then proceeded to be a little more aggressive. The hesitation was still there, and more pronounced the quicker and harder I pushed the gas pedal. I tried to adjust my PC to a more aggressive setting (City +4), and the hesitation was still there. Admittedly, I am a little disappointed and initially like the way my truck drives with solely just the PC. I will be patient for a few days as Chipwerke has advised, but it appears that some of you are still experiencing this even after weeks of letting the ECU "learn". If the problem still persists after a week or so, can we (I) return the Chipwerke for a refund, or once you install it the refund is null and void?

Last edited:

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried turning off TC to make sure your not experiencing power loss to due to traction control. With the combo of more power and more instant throttle response then seems to me it could be TC taking over once the tires start to break loose.

I have had my PC for several days now and absolutely love it. However, I installed the Chipwerke today and took it out for a spin. First thing I noticed was the hesitation and the fact that my PC was no longer instantly responsive as before. I drove for 15 minutes or so very moderately, and then proceeded to be a little more aggressive. The hesitation was still there, and more pronounced the quicker and harder I pushed the gas pedal. I tried to adjust my PC to a more aggressive setting (City +4), and the hesitation was still there. Admittedly, I am a little disappointed and initially like the way my truck drives with solely just the PC. I will be patient for a few days as Chipwerke has advised, but it appears that some of you are still experiencing this even after weeks of letting the ECU "learn". If the problem still persists after a week or so, can we (I) return the Chipwerke for a refund, or once you install it the refund is null and void?

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried turning off TC to make sure your not experiencing power loss to due to traction control. With the combo of more power and more instant throttle response then seems to me it could be TC taking over once the tires start to break loose.

I have not, but ironically before the truck would even have a chance to spin the tire, there is a pronounced hesitation immediately after pushing down on the throttle. It's as if my pedal commander is not even working anymore and the hesitation is quite long. Granted, I just installed it today and have only driven with it for 30 minutes or so, but the hesitation doesn't make sense unless I was absolutely flooring it correct? Nonetheless, I will turn off TC and see how it responds. Question: can I turn TC off permanently, or is it something that has to be disabled each time I start the truck? If the TC needs to be turned off to negate the hesitation and make the truck respond to the Chipwerke, then it would be a pain in the arse to do that each time I drive my truck, much less compromising the TC safety feature.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TC AND AdvanceTrac can pull power. Turn both off and your truck will tear the tires loose through 3rd. Use 4A and it's a cat shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know of a way to turn off TC permanently. If you are experiencing this with light throttle then my theory wouldnt be the issue. Unless you had the PC turned way up where its already touchy then throw in some added horsepower.

I have not, but ironically before the truck would even have a chance to spin the tire, there is a pronounced hesitation immediately after pushing down on the throttle. It's as if my pedal commander is not even working anymore and the hesitation is quite long. Granted, I just installed it today and have only driven with it for 30 minutes or so, but the hesitation doesn't make sense unless I was absolutely flooring it correct? Nonetheless, I will turn off TC and see how it responds. Question: can I turn TC off permanently, or is it something that has to be disabled each time I start the truck? If the TC needs to be turned off to negate the hesitation and make the truck respond to the Chipwerke, then it would be a pain in the arse to do that each time I drive my truck, much less compromising the TC safety feature.

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TC AND AdvanceTrac can pull power. Turn both off and your truck will tear the tires loose through 3rd. Use 4A and it's a cat shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I turn both off permanently? And, I know where the TC button is above my stereo, but where is the advanctrac button you refer to? Thanks!

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Push brake and hold TC button for 5-10 seconds or until it says advance trac off on your screen.

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Push brake and hold TC button for 5-10 seconds or until it says advance trac off on your screen.

Perfect, thanks! Do I have to do that each time I get in to start and drive it? Sorry, I am a newbie.

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There isnt a way to disable TC permanently. That I know of. ASSUMING that turning off TC fixes the problem i would say maybe lower sensitivity on PC and maybe you will only have to turn the TC off when you are playing around. Under normal driving i would assume you could find a setting with PC where it doesnt try to break the tires loose and engage traction control.

Perfect, thanks! Do I have to do that each time I get in to start and drive it? Sorry, I am a newbie.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ChipWerke is on the 1-1 setting. The 1st couple rides hesitation was an issue. With the pedal commander on city mode this seemed to resolve completely even with traction control on. I’ve not had any hesitation for weeks now and have even floored it to smoke a few Chevy minivans. 93 octane only in my truck so the plan is to try 1-2 or 1-3 next week.