Chipwerke for 2017 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I remember running the dirt / gravel course to start Raptor Assault in normal mode. I managed to get pretty sideways and power cut on me for what seemed like 1-2 seconds, so probably about .5 - .75 in reality. It is very aggressive if it thinks you’re getting a little out of shape.

I wouldn’t underestimate the ability to spin the tires. I remember some inattentive eurotrash pilot cue me off in my ’01 Lightning, and proceeded to almost park in front of me. I was rolling about 25-30 mph and floored it around the knucklehead. I was impressed with the acceleration for sure, but I was more impressed that I’d broken the tires loose and those poor F1’s were howling for mercy the whole time. These K02’s are nowhere near as sticky as proper street tires and the Rap suspension is not intended street or drag racing. yeah, it’s properly quick but it seems you’ve proven that you’re overwhelming the traction / truck’s traction control in 2h.

These are definitely first world problems. :biggrin:

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mmacfn. No. I wouldn't say that. There's a lot more power generally. But with a more aggressive setting of 2-1 at least the power is enough for some sensing of wheel spin in certain situations and theres a momentary drop of power.

By having the stability control off or in 4A or 4H It doesn't happen. So to avoid it you have to either have 2A TC off or 4A in normal/sport.

It really feels like quite a bit of power and for normal spirited commuting almost too much with the 2-1 setting. I'm hoping the 1-1 setting tames normal driving. I'll report back this weekend .

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Here's some backed up performance numbers from the Audi guys. For having it on for a week, bang for the buck it's hard to beat.

If 1-1 does tame the normal sport in 2H then the obvious need is a way to change settings on the fly instead of having to open it to change the dials.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/645409-B8-5-S4-stock-versus-APR-Stage-1-tune-versus-Chipwerke-piggy-back

Last edited:

freddyfcs

Reaction score
Did u try to call chipwerke? Something is telling me that it’s has to do with the second dial.The dial deals with the rpms somehow .Ill be installing mine tonite without the the PC first to see what’s up

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did u try to call chipwerke? Something is telling me that it’s has to do with the second dial.The dial deals with the rpms somehow .Ill be installing mine tonite without the the PC first to see what’s up

I actually emailed last night.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
maybe try dialing the pedal commander back...

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had it disabled for my first butt dyno runs where i experienced the power drop out. Today, i didn't have it. The only difference was <10 degrees outside temp and pedal commander on city mode.

I'm certain that there's a significant increase across the band though. Its woken up even before the turbo's are spooled.

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i got an email back from MAtt Ringgold from Chipwerke. Maybe this is the reason why I didn't have any issues this morning.

"You can go up to 3-1 if you like. What you are describing is that your truck has not yet adapted to the parameters of our chip. What you can do is back down to 1-1 and allow for 3-5 normal driving days and then move the setting back to 2-1."

This might explain the fact that I felt no bucking or power drop this morning.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Whipple installation instructions mention regapping the plugs down to .025" to prevent horsepower variance and possible misfire. If your unit is just tricking the wastegate and MAP then you may need a similar adjustment.

mmacfn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bare with me :)

This chipwerk and PC is new to me so im trying to figure out real world what i should be expecting.

I installed both have the PC on city +2 and left the CW as it came (1:1 i believe).

So i do not have access to mapping or a dyno in my small town.

With my settings I "think" i notice an increase in power. The PC for sure increased responsiveness of the skinny pedal.

So here is my question.

If im sitting at a stop and step on the accelerator should I expect the tires to spin? Ive read accounts of this but even with the traction control off that does not happen, not even close really.

I guess im just not sure what to expect.